Page 1 of 2
What are the most influential albums of your life??

I remember the first album I received was Led Zeppelin III by Led Zep and I think the first album I bought was Room On Fire by The Strokes or Taking Back Sundays' Where You Want To Be.
Green Day's Dookie was in rotation at my house from 1994 and Blood Sugar Sex Magik from day one.

As a early teenager the first two Puddle of Mudd albums (Come Clean and Life On Display) meant alot to me, though I don't listen to them anymore

Weezer's Blue Album is just...amazing, it got me into pop music on a whole new level

By The Way has to beb for me one of the greatest albums ever

Say Anything's ...Is A Real Boy and the first two John Frusciante albums Niandra Lades/Usually Just a T-shirt and Smile From The Streets You Hold really shifted me, because they albums dealt with so much angst and introspection and drug abuse, so I felt really attached to those two albums

I guess that's all, I would be interested to read what albums have influenced your life.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Metallica's Ride the Lightning not only totally changed the type of music I listened to, but also the way I look at pop culture and society as a whole.

EDIT: I mean that in that the type of music I listened to changed my perspective.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
the roundhouse tapes
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Kevin Devines Split the Country Split the Streets
Brand New- Deja Entendu and Devil and God
Hypnotize by System of a Down changed my entire view on music.

But before that, 90125 by Yes made me realize that Aaron Carter WAS in fact a piece of shit! Gasp!
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
The one that started my love for music of the slightly heavier persuasion has to be Sum 41's All Killer No Filler, heck I used to carry it round with me xD
Not calling it a heavy album it just led to me liking stuff like rock and metal I believe.
Nirvana - Nevermind.
Megadeth - Rust In Peace. Made me love thrash
Metallica - Kill 'Em All.
Machine Head - The Blackening. Maybe there is a future for metal!

Many more but I'm too lazy to make a huge list.
Dookie. It showed me guitar was cool.

Then Toys in the Attic. It showed me being able to actually play guitar, as opposed to playing it badly, was cool.
meh
Quote by Ichimaru
Metallica's Ride the Lightning not only totally changed the type of music I listened to, but also the way I look at pop culture and society as a whole.

How is that? To me the early metallica albums are full of angst and anti-social, and like very selfish, like "everything has happened wrong to me, because of you"
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I was always into the likes of Metallica and Megadeth, but hearing more extreme bands like Carcass and The Berzerker really opened my eyes and changed what I thought 'Metal' was.

tl;dr;
Carcass - Necrotism: Descanting the Insalubrious
The Berzerker - The Berzerker
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by ryanbahm
Brand New- Deja Entendu and Devil and God

These are probably my current addictions.

I'd say the entire Radiohead discography for the past year or so has been the most influential for me. But my old favorites are Blink-182, FOB (flame shield at the ready), Relient K, and pretty much any good pop-punk band.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I was always into the likes of Metallica and Megadeth, but hearing more extreme bands like Carcass and The Berzerker really opened my eyes and changed what I thought 'Metal' was.

tl;dr;
Carcass - Necrotism: Descanting the Insalubrious
The Berzerker - The Berzerker

Ahh Carcass!

You should listen to some December Wolves
Van Halen I
AC/DC - Powerage
Zeppelin II
Aerosmith - Rocks
Metallica - Kill Em All
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
Tiny Music by STP
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
(What's the Story) Morning Glory?- Oasis. I listened to that album all the way through at least once every day for about two years.

also recently: Radiohead's OK Computer and Coldplay's Rush of Blood to the Head. All three of those bands have influenced my style in some way, shape, or form.

Nevermind by Nirvana had a huge impact on me when I was younger, making me realize guitar doesn't have to be complicated.
Last edited by strat335 at Oct 19, 2008,
Sum 41 got me into Pop Punk

Four Year Strong got me into Hardcore

EDIT: haha nice one Geo
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Muse - Absolution,

it truly sent me down the path into rock and alternative music from just listening to the stuff on the radio. Ill call them over-rated but Matt Bellamy got me into actually loving music as opposed to just playing it.

Radiohead - Kid A

Changed the way i see the world, also fills me with hopelessness whenever i listen to it so probably a bad thing

Sonic Youths discography

Made me realise that music doesnt have to be musical.

Jeff buckley Sin'e tapes

How good just one person with a guitar and a crowd can be.
van halen - van halen
stryper - soldiers under command (one of the first rock bands i ever listened to)
underoath - theyre only chasing safety (got me into screamo)
steve vai - passion and warfare
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
*Puts up flame shield*
"Take off Your Pants and Jacket" by Blink 182 was the first album I ever bought so that is a really special and influential album for me.
Quote by angus is god
maybe she passed out in the bathroom. You should have found her then had one of your friends yell "FINISH HER!" like from mortal combat and then jizz on her
Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge-My Chemical Romance

I don't even care
The Battle of Los Angeles-Rage Against the Machine: My first RATM album, changed my view on politics ad the world in general.

Crisis-Alexisonfire: The album that got me into heavier music, and also a Canadian band!

Kezia- Protest the Hero: My favourite right now. COMPLETELY changed my songwriting, and since I got it, learning bits and pieces of the songs on guitar has improved my playing hugely.

Full Collapse-Thursday: These guys changed my view of emo music, amazing album.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Bob Dylans Bringing It All Back Home had a huge impact really opened my eyes to stuff besides AC/DC. Now I listen to pretty much everything since that album showed me there's more to music besides guitar riffs.
Number Of The Beast- Iron Maiden
Europop- Eiffel 65
Are You Dead Yet?- Children of Bodom
Somewhere In Time- Iron Maiden
Para Ti Con Desprecio- Panda
JordanFlayer uses:

Fender and Yamaha Guitars
Ernie Ball .11-.54 Strings
Marshall and Peavey Amps
MXR Pedals
Fender Medium Picks

Number 45 of the Iron Maiden are Gods club- 'PM Revelations to join

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /

Between the Buried and Me -Colors Changed the way I look at and listen to extreme music.
Sig What?
Quote by fweddy despair
*Puts up flame shield*
"Take off Your Pants and Jacket" by Blink 182 was the first album I ever bought so that is a really special and influential album for me.

Put down your flame shield; Blink 182 are awesome
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
The first rock album I ever bougt was Dookie. Although I don't listen to Green Day anymore, that cd changed my whole perspective on music. And it remains the best Green Day album.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
'jesu'
'conqueror'
- by jesu.

'last fair deal gone down'
- by katatonia

'deftones'
- by deftones

'casually dressed and deep in conversation'
- by funeral for a friend
"SMash" by the Offspring was my gateway into actual music. It holds a special place in my heart.

And "In the Court of the Crimson King" by King Crimson was my first experience with progressive rock. Now I'm hooked on prog.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
The Allman Brothers' Live at the Fillmore East.

Miles Davis- Kind of Blue.

More recently, Derek Trucks' album Songlines shows some masterful slide playing, (as he always does), with various world music influences.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
The first rock albums I ever heard were Ramones Mania and We sold Our Souls for rock'n'Roll by black sabbath.

the first album I ever bought was Back In Black by AC/DC.

Metallica's Black Album was my first experience with real metal, so thats definetely a major influence.
Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Nas - Illmatic
blink-182 - Enema of the State
Green Day's Dookie has been one of my favorite CD's since I can remember, I'm only 16 so I was like 2 years old when my dad started playing it in the car . Then The Offspring's Smash album is huge for me. Rise Against's Revolutions Per Minutes is my favorite, and then City of Evil from Avenged Sevenfold and OK Computer from Radiohead influence my music a lot.
ac/dc - back in black - made me like music.
rush-2112 - made me want to buy a guitar
van halen- van halen- made me want to learn to play the guitar
metallica-kill 'em all
avenged sevenfold- city of evil
megadeth- rust in peace
electric ladyland that album was... ohwoarrrr WHAAAAAAAAA for me, i want to say it made me who i am, but it sounds really cheesey. anyway i hope that gives some insight into how much hendrix has influenced me

by the way by the chilis is a pretty big one too
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
oh and nirvana's nevermind and foo fighter's colour and the shape made me realize rythm guitar was actually important
'By The Way' by the Chilis and 'Songs for the Deaf' by QOTSA got me into rock.

'Number of the Beast' by Maiden got me into metal.

'Ghost Reveries' by Opeth got me into prog metal.
Page 1 of 2