I've been playing guitar for about a year now, and I am thinking about learning bass aswell. I am just wondering, will I need to buy completely new pedals and things, or will some or all work with the bass. At the minute I just have an os-2, but I might be expanding. Is there anything else I will need?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
You can use the same pedals. GET A BASS AMP. You don't wanna blow your guitar amp now do you? And for decent starter basses check out the Squire Vintage Modified Jazz/Precision bass or the Ibanez GSR200.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
get a thunderbird, thyre amazing (Y)

*muffled laughter*
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by elliott FTW
get a thunderbird, thyre amazing (Y)

*muffled laughter*

adn u can play liek rley fast and goofd if u do.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
my recomendation is dont i suggest you focus guitar until you come to a stump in your ability where you feel another instrument can help expand herizons by mixing techniches(sp?) till then bass will just be a distraction
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
definitely make sure you get a bass amp, i blew my guitar amp when i started bass.
I picked up a Conklin GT-4 Bass as my starter bass. I absolutely love it.
But it may be a tad expensive for a starter bass
what do you play? (genres) most bassists pay clean usually, don't worry about the pedals until you need some. also VVVV that can get you by.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom