Hi guys, I wanted to get an opinion on this song. I didnt write this, my friend dan wrote most of it, I just did bass and keys. He thinks this song is complete garbage and that no one would ever want to listen to what he writes, so I wanted your guys opinions cuz I think hes a decent enough songwriter. Its track 1 in my profile.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Its ok....it would be great if the guitar didn't sound SO thin.......I couldn't stand listening to all of it due to the tone of the guitar....... but redo it with a thicker tone and it will be ALOT better.
I liked it. There were enough changes to keep it interesting and the melody was nice. Just have to fix up the guitar tone a bit (mainly the lead). The rhythm tone was ok. What was used for the drums?

All in all, not a bad tune. Your friend is just being a little too hard on himself.

Mind returning a crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981651
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
The timing was off in some parts, but the phrasing was quite neat. However, for an instrumental there were just to many repeats and the guitars tone became boring. Unless your planning to add lyrics, less repeating measures.
Also did you record the drums or program them, the sound was quite good if you programed them.
Quote by TheSecondRaid
The timing was off in some parts, but the phrasing was quite neat. However, for an instrumental there were just to many repeats and the guitars tone became boring. Unless your planning to add lyrics, less repeating measures.
Also did you record the drums or program them, the sound was quite good if you programed them.

Theres gonna be lyrics, but we dont have a singer yet. Drums were just loops that he made with whatever software. And I know his tone could use some improvement, but I feel like a dick telling him that because Ive already gotten him to improve it so much from what it use to be. It use to be this slipknot-esque distortion with so much fuzz that you couldnt pick the notes apart.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.