Can someone explain to me what is a hybrid amp, Does it improve the sound of the amp, Is it just an excuse to make the amp more expensive for no reason?

Please And thank you.
an hybrid amp is an amp with both SS and Tube technology in it like the Krank Chadwick or Line 6 Spider Tube. no it doesn't really make it sound good
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by Pintara_jackson
an hybrid amp is an amp with both SS and Tube technology in it like the Krank Chadwick or Line 6 Spider Tube. no it doesn't really make it sound good

The Spider valve is a full tube amp with some modeling software. A hybrid is something like a Marshall AVT - 1 preamp tube and otherwise solid state.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
The Spider valve is a full tube amp with some modeling software. A hybrid is something like a Marshall AVT - 1 preamp tube and otherwise solid state.

spider valve is a hybrid. was proven somewhere.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ryohazuki
spider valve is a hybrid. was proven somewhere.

afaik, its got a tube power amp
even if its got digital stuff before that... at least it won't sound like crap when you turn it up and it starts clipping
Quote by seljer
afaik, its got a tube power amp
even if its got digital stuff before that... at least it won't sound like crap when you turn it up and it starts clipping

its still a hybrid though thats what a hybrid is..isn't it?
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
It's a hybrid. Any amp that has transistors and tubes in the signal path is a hybrid. Most hybrids have one preamp tube and the rest is solid state. Some have powertubes (spider valve, and the vypyr 60 and 120 which aren't out yet)

To me it's just a gimmick, those vox valvetronixs are good amps, but they are still obviously ss amps.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale

To me it's just a gimmick, those vox valvetronixs are good amps, but they are still obviously ss amps.

I agree with you somewhat, but a good amp is a good amp. There are other all tube gimmicks out there as well.
^Agreed, they are good amps, but the tube is certainly a gimmick.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
It's really not a "gimmick" as much as you think. I own a Vox AD15VT, and the tube in the preamp section can really really help ya out. Although it is in the preamp, it can be swapped for some beautiful non-factor tube to better your sound. And it can REALLY. Better your sound. Of course that's just my opinion
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts
Quote by FullTank
It's really not a "gimmick" as much as you think. I own a Vox AD15VT, and the tube in the preamp section can really really help ya out. Although it is in the preamp, it can be swapped for some beautiful non-factor tube to better your sound. And it can REALLY. Better your sound. Of course that's just my opinion

It's not in the pre amp.