Well, my friend, who was forced to learn violin at an early age and abandoned it when he was like 10 offered to sell me his old violin for 20 bucks. I hear that violin music transcribes well to guitar, so I imagine it would work the other way, and I'd like to learn to play it, but I don't know - I doubt there's anywhere near as many resources to self teach violin as there are for guitar, and I'm not getting lessons for violin (can't afford it).

Would you do it? I think it's probably worth twenty bucks, I have a friend who plays the violin (very well, I might add) and she said her violin cost around 2000. If nothing else I could play my guitar with the bow.

What do you think?
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
yes of course, 20$ isn't that much anyway
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
violin sucks. fiddle is much better. Bluegrass pwns all classical
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
buy it for 20 .. sell it for 300

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

just buy it. $20 is nothing, especially for a violin that isnt broken, even if its a cheap one.

but its probably not full size, which might make it harder for you to play.
Quote by noxiosimitator
buy it for 20 .. sell it for 300

This.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
BUY , call your friend NOW
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by cute_guy69
wow what a jew !!!

wow that was unnecessary...

I played violin in 4th-7th grade. I liked it kind of in elementary school, but once I got to 6th grade I hated it. My parents finally let me quit in 7th grade (partially because I used an excuse that it hurt my shoulder since I broke my collarbone that year). But you might like it, go for it. It helps a lot for learning sheet music too.
There be no shelter here.
I've been playing violin for 10 years or so. I can tell you right now that a $20 violin is probably the equivalent of a squier bullet, and its not an instrument that you can teach yourself. It's very difficult even with lessons.

I say buy it and use the bow on your guitar. It's fun

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Hmmm... well twenty dollars isn't that much... I've seen broken ones at the music store downtown for around $500. I would buy it.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Buy it.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
go for it !

i played my mates violin during a music lesson the other day and it was kinda fun tbh. and for 20 thats a good deal

but its gonna be hard to lean because i could finger notes ok but bowing them is another story..........
Quote by Iron_Dude
violin sucks. fiddle is much better. Bluegrass pwns all classical

You do know a violin and fiddle are the same thing right? =)
I bought one a couple months ago and it's a bitch to play, but fun.

Or if you like Guitar Hero, play Violin Hero.
<_<
>_>

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Buy it get good and some Nash The Slash on it.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by cute_guy69
wow what a jew !!!

Fuck you.

TS, get it. 20 is an amazing price for a violin.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by numinis
say yes, then smash the violin on his head, and give him the $20

Fixed.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Buy it only because it's a good deal. Honestly though, without lessons, you won't get very far. Also, the dexterity gained by playing violin certainly makes you better at guitar, but I don't think it works to the same extent going from guitar to violin.
Quote by Cameronrobson
If a barn owl was fighting a tiger and flew away, it was just looking for a more awesome place to fight. This happens all the time on Dragon Ball Z.

Member 8 of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club
Quote by AgentWiggles
Well, my friend, who was forced to learn violin at an early age and abandoned it when he was like 10 offered to sell me his old violin for 20 bucks. I hear that violin music transcribes well to guitar, so I imagine it would work the other way,

It doesn't. The violin family are the most difficult set of instruments to learn.

Quote by AgentWiggles
and I'd like to learn to play it, but I don't know - I doubt there's anywhere near as many resources to self teach violin as there are for guitar, and I'm not getting lessons for violin (can't afford it).

The only way you will be able to learn violin is through lessons- any slight error in the technique will cause huge problems.

Quote by AgentWiggles
I think it's probably worth twenty bucks, I have a friend who plays the violin (very well, I might add) and she said her violin cost around 2000.

My violin was £1000, which is $2000 aswell- but if you're not going to be able to play it properly, you might aswell get any old piece of shit.

Quote by AgentWiggles
If nothing else I could play my guitar with the bow.

Don't.

Quote by AgentWiggles
What do you think?

I say go for it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i used to play violin and the only downside is; it sounds terrible when your a beginer and its a bitch to tune
the rosin will get stuck to the strings, and taking it off is a chore.

buy it, you can feign sophistication to women.
for the first few months, everyone around you will hate you for playing the thing but i would definately buy it.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."