going to put EMGs in either guitar
which one will be better for hardcore ?
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
i actually have a decent lil amp
idk about for hardcore though but i have a valve jr
i also have a 65 watt ibanez tone blaster that id prolly use for hardcore untill i get sumn better
USMC
ESP. But personally, I'd tell you to save a couple hundred more and get an Epi Les Paul Plus Top or a PRS SE Singlecut.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
Quote by necrosis1193
ESP. But personally, I'd tell you to save a couple hundred more and get an Epi Les Paul Plus Top or a PRS SE Singlecut.

yea im really broke and havnt been playing that long though
USMC
Well if you get the LP100 gonna want to buy some decent tuners so it will stay in tune. And the pickups in the 100 are not very good either, but dont know how well the EMGs will do with the toneblaster.
yea, my friends played his sg 400 with emgs though the tone blaster and it sounded alright
USMC
i see you have the ltd, can u tell me the pros and cons?
USMC
Quote by Tackleberry
Well if you get the LP100 gonna want to buy some decent tuners so it will stay in tune.
Nope. The 100 comes with 18:1 Grover tuners, just like the rest of the Epi range now. There's no point upgrading them, because you can't get any more stable or accurate than 18:1 Grovers...
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by nekromantic
i see you have the ltd, can u tell me the pros and cons?

It's a little heavy is the only bad thing I can think of. It plays great and the stock pickups do hard rock and metal pretty well. I know you're gonna change them anyway but stock ones will be ok till you get the money. It has extra jumbo frets which are a little bigger than Epiphones have. Some people like them and some don't. It comes with ESP tuners which are decent tuners. I put Grovers on mine cause I got them cheap. There's a pic of mine in my profile check it out.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
It's a little heavy is the only bad thing I can think of. It plays great and the stock pickups do hard rock and metal pretty well. I know you're gonna change them anyway but stock ones will be ok till you get the money. It has extra jumbo frets which are a little bigger than Epiphones have. Some people like them and some don't. It comes with ESP tuners which are decent tuners. I put Grovers on mine cause I got them cheap. There's a pic of mine in my profile check it out.

hows the neck and playability
USMC
lol sorry for askin so much but can you tell me how it plays compared to a sg 400 since you have one and ive played one
USMC
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
The neck is slightly narrower than the G400. I really don't know what to say. I play my LTD more than my G400 if that helps any. Does a local guitar shop carry them or are you gonna order one online? If you can play one first.

k
in our town even though its about 75000 ppl theres music stores but they just sell accesories so i gotta go to GC in sacramento which is like an hour away

but if you think it plays better and sounds better than the 400 it should work for me
USMC
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I don't know if you noticed or not but the LTD EC100QM has 24 frets the Epiphone Les Paul only has 22. I don't know if that matters to you but I thought I'd point that out.

thats not a big deal to me but i guess it would be cool to have a 24 fret guitar cuz i already have one with 22
USMC