Could you plug, say a bugera 6262 head into a ca that only has one speaker if the ohms match up? Would it sound bad or ruin the amp/cab?
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Just make sure the ohms match and the speaker's got the necessary wattage.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
if you have like a 120 watt amp and lets say a 75 watt cab,
youre gonna blow ur speaker
you should hook it up to at least a 200 watt 4x12
^What? No, a 75 watt speaker would be fine as long as you don't dime it. For a 120 watt a 120 watt cab would be sufficient. If you want more headroom from the speakers you might want more wattage than that though.
So if the ohms match but the speaker was 40w and the amp was 120, I'm guessing it would damage the speaker?
Gear:
Line6 UX2
^Depends how loud to turn it up. A 40 watt speaker could probably handle 60 or so before it blew. If you're gonna use a 40 watt speaker just turn the amp above 1, and if the speaker does blow, don't blame me.
Oh sorry the speker is 60w, not 40, how high could I go before damaging a 60w speaker?
Gear:
Line6 UX2
I don't know, 90 watts. Speakers on average should be able to take about 150% of their rating before they blow, that doesn't mean they will sound good, it just means they will work.
Are you asking this because you already have a 1x12 lying around somewhere?

If not and you plan to buy a cab, get an Avatar 2x12 instead of just getting a 1x12. It will be a little more of a hassle to move around but you can get a 2x12 from them for a pretty reasonable price (between $300-400 depending on what model you get).
No I don't have 1x12, but since my bugera died I was thinking about getting the head version when I return it then get a used 1x2 or 2x12 cab or something. I definitely look into the avatar cabs.
Gear:
Line6 UX2