Ok, so I'm going to buy the Shure SM57 microphone, but I don't know how to connect the XLR cable to an amp... Will it not connect to the amp? Do I need a mixer? If not, then could someone just explain the whole process to me?

Please reply fast, I'm running out of time. Thanks!
You need a small PA or keyboard amp if you want to amplify it, or an XLR to 1/4" converter (which you can get for like $5). If you're recording, you need to have a mic input on whatever you're recording on/through.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Recording or live?

For recording, it will go into a preamp, which will either built into your interface, or you will need a mixer or dedicated mic pre to go between the mic and the interface.

Live - the mic will probably go into another XLR input in a snake which will go to the FOH console. For rehearsal, it will go into your PA head, power mixer, whatever.

For real dirty live, you *could* go into a guitar amp, but a keyboard amp is better. Most keyboard amps have an XLR input. To go into a guitar amp (like, if you really insist), you'll need an XLR to 1/4" adapter. They can be had for reasonably cheap.... like about $10.

Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.