Im not really sure is it the same as like an MIM and american made guitars???
what? what models are you talking about.

edit: the difference between the standard MIM and MIA is the place of assembly/production of parts. the MIM's have all parts/assembly done in Mexico, whereas the MIA's all use American made parts/ assembly.

The main difference is quality, obviously. the mexican models have much lower stock-factory quality (blemishes, joints/spaces, overall poor assembly) whereas the MIA are assumed to be perfect out of the box.

however, there are a couple of models of the MIM strat (the classic players, deluxe players) that use american made parts, but are still assembled in mexico.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Oct 19, 2008,
I think I know what he means.

In some UK online stores, when you go to buy a MIM Standard Stratocaster, some have '(upgrade)' written after them, but there's no mention of what those upgrades are. GAK are the worst offenders for this, they just copied & pasted the old description and don't say anything about the upgrades.

All it actually is, is the Standards were 'upgraded' to have a satin finish on the back of the neck, and ceramic magnet pickups (the older version had alnico v magnets and glossy necks). The pickups are really a downgrade though, they only reason they made the change to ceramics was because it's quicker and cheaper to put one ceramic bar in than individual alnico V pole pieces.

Anyway, you can't really get the old Standards anymore, so no point worrying about it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
well, like If i type in left handed strat or whatever there'll be stratocaster(uprgrade)

What does the upgrade mean??

Sorry i kinda worded it gayly lol
spot on mrfibble, are these strats MIM then, seein as they are usually at least half the price
of AIM?