Page 1 of 3
what do you punks think of the Dropkick Murphys. They're my favorite. Prefer Al Barr or Mike McColgan? Discuss
Meh, a few songs at best, then I just start to get pissed off.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Celtic Punk is overrated .
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
i like em
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
not a fan at all.

FUKKIN BAHSTAHN DUUUDE. RED SOXXX... I LIVE IN DORCESTAH... IMMA PAHK MY KAH OVAH THAH
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I agree with whyvern, I'm not a fan and people from Boston talk funny.

But then so do people from the South...
They were cool when I was first getting into punk, but I can't say I listen to them a lot anymore.

Or at all.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Worcester = Respect

Boston = Waste of Coast

but seriously, RINGERS are a much better band from Boston.
Last edited by whyvern at Oct 19, 2008,
I like Boston. It's a nice city and all. Plus the Pixies were from Boston, and the Pixies rule.
^ have you ever tried to drive there? Rome is an easier city to drive in than Boston... for real.
Quote by whyvern
^ have you ever tried to drive there? Rome is an easier city to drive in than Boston... for real.

Quote by element4433
They were cool when I was first getting into punk, but I can't say I listen to them a lot anymore.

Or at all.

This

Quote by neidnarb11890
I like Boston. It's a nice city and all. Plus the Pixies were from Boston, and the Pixies rule.

Is Boston from Boston?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
I liked them when I first got into punk - the song "Bar Room Heroes" really caught my attention. Quickly got bored of them, though.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Utterly overrated. Still a pretty fun band, but they get old fast.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by DanRev
flogging molly are better

Very true

I do like the song "Dirty Glass"
Take 'em on Take 'em out Take a stand Take a bow
Great fun. Not as good as the Pogues, like...
Have a nice day
They aren't a punk band anymore. I call them rock more than anything. After Blackout really showed their style change from a punk group to a rock group. You may call them generic but their slow songs are extremely well written and composed in my opinion.

And whats with all the shit about Boston, I know Whyvern has his problems with the city, but that is more of a personal issue... I love Boston
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
If I started a band, and tried to write every second song about the city I'm from, it would not go well.

"In calgary there's.... la la la la la... woahoah!"
I like there song in The Departed. Its called like Shipping Up to Boston
Quote by BostonLacrosse
They aren't a punk band anymore. I call them rock more than anything. After Blackout really showed their style change from a punk group to a rock group. You may call them generic but their slow songs are extremely well written and composed in my opinion.

And whats with all the shit about Boston, I know Whyvern has his problems with the city, but that is more of a personal issue... I love Boston

I don't have problems with any of the people in the city... well some people yeah, but I have that with the whole of New England though cos I'm a southerner so it's to be expected.

I actually saw some great shows there... and some terrible ones... when I was there with THOMAS FUNCTION there were 3 people at the show and the manager of the PA Lounge tried to kick us out like 4 times and paid the local band instead of THOMAS FUNCTION.

But when I saw RINGERS, CLOSET FARIERS and THE MODERN MACHINES there it was awesome. THE PINE HILL HAINTS show was good just cos the HAINTS played... but all in all Worcester has a more awesome, interesting and accepting punk rock scene. I'd say the same for Providence too.

Boston is the most well known outta the triangle but it's the weakest. That's not to say that cool shit doesn't come outta Boston. But the cool shit in Worcester and Providence is a million times more awesome.

Boston as a city isn't really that interesting though, New York has for more cool shit to see... and the attitude isn't as annoying in New York either cos there's so many different people from all over the world. All Boston is whining about how New York is better than them in everything (not just baseball).

Maybe if we were talking about just Allston or Summerville I'd think differently but Boston as a whole is kinda lame-o.

Plus as I said before it's impossible to drive there and no public transport after midnight? Lame!
Quote by sargasm
If I started a band, and tried to write every second song about the city I'm from, it would not go well.

"In calgary there's.... la la la la la... woahoah!"

I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Actually, I should write a song about how the part of the disney "documentary" that popularized the myth of lemming mass-suicide was filmed in calgary, even though it was supposed to take place in the arctic. And they forced all those lemmings off the cliff.

That's actually a pretty good topic. Maybe I'll get started on that.

Now that I think about it, there's actually a great punk song about calgary.

http://themartyrindex.com/downloads/

Download Molotov Rocktail and listen to "Calgary Libre." DKM couldn't write a 'hometown' song like that.
Al Barr lives in the same town as me, and he's a nice enough guy I guess. Shitty band though.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I like DKM shows, since they´re always great, they can even manage to make good shows for a huge amount of people, though I think they´re were hyped in the last years, any whiskey loving nazi idiot likes them now. Furthermore it gets on my nerves that they´re so full of patriotism, since patriotism kills, though Live on St. Patrick´s day is a decent album.
Quote by DanRev

agree
ISRAEL -- HARDCORE
although i haven't listened to them as much lately they still are one of the most fun bands to see live. i've seen em four times and every time was well past worth it
Punks not dead, it just smells like it...

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Sippin on Gin and Juice of the UG Hip-Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by HC-MAX
agree

HC MAX, do you know the band NIKMAT OLALIM from Kfar-Saba or maybe it was Kiriyat-Ono... whatever, they all moved to Tel-Aviv anyway.
Quote by DanRev

agreed.

i could listen to Flogging Molly for hours at a time, but i find i get kind of tired of the Dropkick Murphys after 7-8 songs.

they're good, but not that good.
I quite like DKM.
They do get quite tedious to listen to after a while though. I preferred seeing them live.
I've only seen them once, but I had such a good night; they invited the ladies up on stage which was good fun, and Mad Caddies and the Briggs were supporting
let these flat chords just break your heart...
Quote by Khromium
The Warrior's Code = awesome album

I agree, but I actually like the Meanest of Times a little better. Warrior's Code might be my absolute favorite DKM song but I was introduced to them with Meanest of Times and I just liked it.
Quote by soph_bassist!
I quite like DKM.
They do get quite tedious to listen to after a while though. I preferred seeing them live.
I've only seen them once, but I had such a good night; they invited the ladies up on stage which was good fun, and Mad Caddies and the Briggs were supporting

as I said before, I saw them twice and both times were great.........when I saw Mad Caddies, they were completely boring though
Quote by lavazza
as I said before, I saw them twice and both times were great.........when I saw Mad Caddies, they were completely boring though

Mad Caddies were quite entertaining when I saw them. But i've only seen them once, so they might not usually be.
let these flat chords just break your heart...
Quote by BostonLacrosse
You may call them generic but their slow songs are extremely well written and composed in my opinion.

I didn't realize they actually wrote any songs. I thought they ripped them all off from Irish folk songs.
ha! How a year can change your views on shit.... I still have a dropkick murphys poster in my dorm room, but its more just because people will know what it is compared to my Wingnut Dishwashers Union one. And i hate Massachusetts now...boston too, they are all assholes. But i will still listen to the murphys cause it serves as a good buffer for music i can get into and music other people know...if that makes any sense at all which i doubt it does.
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by whyvern
HC MAX, do you know the band NIKMAT OLALIM from Kfar-Saba or maybe it was Kiriyat-Ono... whatever, they all moved to Tel-Aviv anyway.
Didn't they do a split with Oi Polloi?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Page 1 of 3