My Marshall MG15CD is a great amp. However, I'm worried for the safety of the speaker because whenever I turn off the amp it makes the most tremendous pop.
It makes this huge pop without unplugging any leads, on or off overdrive, high volume, low volume, and it always does this.

What should I do? I know that amps make a small pop when turning off but this one is huge. Or is it normal for MG15CDs specifically to make this huge noise?

Please, please help.
I wouldn't know, I don't have much experience with solid state amps."My Marshall MG15CD is a great amp"
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
i dont think those amps are put together terribly well, it may be dying
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
It's perfectly normal for amps to pop when you turn them off; is it stupidly loud relative to the volume you're playing at?

If not, it's fine. If it is louder than the volume oyu're playing at, you should get it looked at, but otherwise it's ok.
Quote by Rocknroller309
I wouldn't know, I don't have much experience with solid state amps."My Marshall MG15CD is a great amp"

+ INFINITY
Quote by Cachao
My Marshall MG15CD is a great amp.

I dont kno what to suggest, but you're sure going to get flamed for this.
Unplug your cable and/or turn the volume down before switching it off.

Solved.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Ok, I'm going to go about this as objectively as I can:

1. A Marshall MG15 is not a great amp. There are many better sounding amps out there, even at it's price.
2. It's a Solid State amp, which are generally more expensive to fix than valves and end up costing more than they are worth. It is cheaper to buy a new one (not that I would rebuy an MG in your position)
3. Marshall MGs, without blindly bashing, are very poorly constructed, and the electonics inside them very unreliable. It's probably on it's way out, and there's not really much you can do about it except start saving for a better amplifier.

Sorry, you bought an MG
Quote by ShredGod George
it may be dying

huzzah!

most amps pop.

bad ones/old ones pop louder.
Quote by Cachao
My Marshall MG15CD is a great amp. However, I'm worried for the safety of the speaker because whenever I turn off the amp it makes the most tremendous poop.

Fixed
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I'm not suggesting that the TS was being sarcastic, but it's hard to tell if someone's being serious on UG when they say "the marshal mg is a great amp."
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
i got the MG15DFX and mine does the same. no need to worry, i've had mine over a year now and it's still working perfect.
Quote by Cachao
What should I do?

Throw it in the fireplace and rejoice for the warmth that it provides you... thats about all its good for...

In all seriousness. MG's aren't bad practice amps, they are just extremely overpriced and very poorly constructed. Yours may be on its way out. And since its an SS, it will most likely cost more to fix it (if there in fact is a problem with it) than the amp itself is actually worth.

You very well may need to start saving your pennies so you can buy yourself a new amp.
It's the reverb, they all do it.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
The MG is not an amp you want to really salvage.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
An MG is most certainly not a great amp my good sir.

You got duped
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by mcrfobtai
That's not an amp you want to save...

god dammit you beat me to it
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
ok, it's not a great amp, I know that in that sense-it's too trbley, the build quality is awful-just the other day I tried to use the line out function into a PA and it came out with nothing. But apart from that it's great for what I use it for-a practice amp, nothing fancy.
Ok, I guess I'll have to leave it to it's fate.
Troll maybe?
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
OH NO not ur first marshall mg!!!! all ur gonna get id spam. even more so since u called it a great amp
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube