So hey there guys,

I've been around for quite a while now, however since lately I've felt the need to record some of the music I make now so that I can look back on it later (and of course just 'cause it's good fun ).

I've put some samples on my profile, in one of which I (try to) sing a little bit. Now I've recorded these using just my steel string, the microphone that came with my computer and Audacity. Now of course I know my playing isn't perfect, and my singing doesn't even come close to being nice to listen to, yet I really wanna record some more stuff and therefore I've been thinking about buying this product. Now my question is whether this will truely enhance my sound quality, or if it'll still sound "cheap" like it does now. Also, I haven't tried playing anything with distortion just yet, but how will it sound; just like the real deal? Or do I have to buy something way more expensive for that? Cause I've heard some pretty professional recordings around here.

Sorry for the wall of text, and I really hope that this is the right forum for this

Peace!
Military use of children?

Infantry.
An interface with a decent mic is a good start, keeping in mind that even with the best stuff "crap in=crap out"
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Get a nice microphone to complement that, and the clarity will definitely improve. Your singing and playing, though, are up to you. Check here for ideas.

PS: It's hardly a wall of text. If anything, we can't stand badly written stuff. You did well.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers

PS: It's hardly a wall of text. If anything, we can't stand badly written stuff. You did well.

I agree........
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.