What are some bands that you appreciate, but don't like listening to?

Page 1 of 2
For example, mine would be Sunn O))), and some of Radiohead's stuff. Bands that for one reason or another you don't like listening to, IE its too depressing or frightening, but you appreciate what they have created or evoked in their music.
ac/dc
i don't like their music
but they deserve my respect

When the bell rang to change classes at school, I walked into the hallway and yelled, "I MASTURBATE TO DUCK SEX" and started imitating a duck having sex.

Any Jazz or blues. I find it mind-numbingly boring but I appreciate the work that goes into it.
The Beatles.

EDIT: God dammit
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Deathcore, its amazing how bands can make a breakdown sound so different everytime.

...hold on
Dream Theater. Love their stuff, just can't listen to it all the way through the long ones, simply because i usually pick out my fave bits and skip to them. They've improved me as a bassist too, its just my mind is simple and ain't cut out for 15+ min epics.

Opeth too are another example. Great band and great musicians, but i can't do the length and complexity very well.
Beatles
Nirvana
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones

Basically any band in which people go "ZOMG they are so awesome cz other people like them so i have to"

i can respect that they were once awesome and i probably would have liked them were i around

but nowadays it just seems like these bands are "liked" because it's trendy.

i dont get it at all.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Most metal. I appreciate/respect the talent and technical precision that goes into making such music, but I don't like listening to it all that much.
kill all humans
paramore, only because if i told the rest of my band i hated them, they would kick me out
Quote by SlashYourFug

The Beatles did so much for music, but they really weren't that great. At least in my opinion.

that does not make any sense

on topic: Nirvana
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by SlashYourFug
+49.6 internets

The Beatles did so much for music, but they really weren't that great. At least in my opinion.

+54732967403578943

They changed music, but I can only take so many 60's pop love songs...
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Quote by DirtyMakik
that does not make any sense

on topic: Nirvana

I mean that they opened music up for a new genre, but that they only have a handful of good songs. The reason they were so big is because they created something new.
Quote by n to the k
paramore, only because if i told the rest of my band i hated them, they would kick me out

If your band loves them and you hate them...

You won't work with that band, you should quit

(I hate them too, so I'm on your side)
A large number of Megadeth songs kinda bore me, but I appreciate the complexity of them.

And I can't listen to Interpol or REM for seriously extended periods of time, even though I enjoy them.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Guns and Roses. I can't stand Axl's singing and Slash is overrated. But they revived metal in the late 80's
Quote by madman_ariel
ac/dc
i don't like their music
but they deserve my respect

Quote by famefornothing
Ac/dc

hate to say it but

This.

great musicians and love their songs but all their songs sound almost the same in a way, even their new one. i like it, but i probably own't recognise it against their others.

Quote by pinkfloydDSOTM
Guns and Roses. I can't stand Axl's singing and Slash is overrated. But they revived metal in the late 80's

you're thinking of metallica

i know where you're coming from.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
metal

i know it's technical and the musicians are talented etc.

but it sounds god awful!!!!
Quote by fender_696
metal

i know it's technical and the musicians are talented etc.

but it sounds god awful!!!!

haha +1

symphony x, dream theater, johnny cash, most old blues guys, classical composers.

they're really not metal. i would say they revived hard rock or rock n roll.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Oct 19, 2008,
Quote by SlipknotRule93
Beatles
Nirvana
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones

Basically any band in which people go "ZOMG they are so awesome cz other people like them so i have to"

i can respect that they were once awesome and i probably would have liked them were i around

but nowadays it just seems like these bands are "liked" because it's trendy.

i dont get it at all.

but you like SLIPKNOT?!!

*fucksorryaboutthedoublepost*

My mind is going. I can feel it.
The majority of the "classic" rock bands. I just don't like the music or think it's as good as everyone says it is.
Sonic Youth - The stuff thay do with their guitars is awsome, but they can't write any decent melodies and the singers just can't sing. I love noisy guitar playing and playing with effects rather than technical and practical playing, but the singing either makes or breaks a band for me.

Jimmy Hendrix - pioneered noisy guitar playing (fuzz pedals!), but like Sonic Youth, he never wrote any real catchy vocal melodies, though his voice is nice to listen to.

All Jazz/Blues - takes really good musicians to write and play, but it's just too boring.
Most Metal Music - takes genius musicians who have mastered their instruments to write and play this kind of music, but metal just isn't melodic enough, is too evil sounding, and the screaming makes all metal bands sound the same.
Zappa, saw him live twice, like some stuff but recently got some mp3s and always get up to change it when one of his songs comes on. Ahead of its time for sure, but not standing the test of time.
Pink Floyd, and Dream Theater.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
For me, it is definitely The Who.

I very much respect each member of that band, but their music is boring to me.
Page 1 of 2