About a month ago i posted a thread that i had 2000 to spend on an amp.....and i got alot of great feedback. but i am STILL undecided. i need to refine my search. so i come to you, fine UG users. I need to find the ultimate gear combination.

So here it is.

The sound i am looking for is 30 Seconds to Mars mixed with Saosin, with a hint of weezer.

I've been playing for 4 years.

my style is rock/indie

my influences are...again....30 seconds to mars, saosin,weezer.....but also...bullet for my valentine, atreyu, lydia, from first to last,silverstien

I'm pretty set on a gibson sg standard....but if you have any better ideas...let me know. The amp is the real big thing, i'm interested in the Egnater, but i've heard it sucks for metal or hard rock. And as far as effects go...i have no freaking clue.

i just need an idea for the best setup i can get for around $3500, and acheive the sound i described above. thanks in advance for your input.
Quote by racerokc
About a month ago i posted a thread that i had 2000 to spend on an amp.....and i got alot of great feedback. but i am STILL undecided. i need to refine my search. so i come to you, fine UG users. I need to find the ultimate gear combination.

So here it is.

The sound i am looking for is 30 Seconds to Mars mixed with Saosin, with a hint of weezer.

I've been playing for 4 years.

my style is rock/indie

my influences are...again....30 seconds to mars, saosin,weezer.....but also...bullet for my valentine, atreyu, lydia, from first to last,silverstien

I'm pretty set on a gibson sg standard....but if you have any better ideas...let me know. The amp is the real big thing, i'm interested in the Egnater, but i've heard it sucks for metal or hard rock. And as far as effects go...i have no freaking clue.

i just need an idea for the best setup i can get for around $3500, and acheive the sound i described above. thanks in advance for your input.

Saosin = Hughes & Kettner Triamp.

Weezer = Bogner/Marshall mix.

I say stretch your budget a little and pick up a Bogner. It'll be one of the last amps you'll ever buy.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ONE of the last lmao.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out