I'm having my MacBook come in the mail soon , and i came across a software yesterday that can turn your Mac/PC into a guitar pedal for live performance or recording (link at bottom). It's only $129 , so I think that I'll buy it, because it gets some pretty rave reviews and there's a list of some large bands that say they use it , but my question is, are there any other programs like this for Macs that may be a better name to trust that I should go with instead ?

Any help appreciated ...

http://www.audiffex.com/EN/guitar-effects-for-computer-pc-mac.html
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
if you want to use it live then buy the pedals, my mates laptop crashed the other day half way through a set- lucky for him he was running off the decks at the time.
Quote by Ikey
if you want to use it live then buy the pedals, my mates laptop crashed the other day half way through a set- lucky for him he was running off the decks at the time.

This shouldn't happen if he has enough memory. It's still minimally possible, but almost all Macbook's have far more than enough memory to handle most high usage programs, such as pedal apps.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
It sounds great for recording at home but I'm not too sure about live performances. I'm a bit wary about computers seeing how they always seem to crash when I need them the most.
yeah, I have like $800 invested in pedals now, but i'd much rather carry a macbook with me over 6 pedals... and i might as well sell them if this software is good... but thanks +1's to everyone!!!

take your pick:

+1 +1 +1 +1
+1 +1 +1 +1
+1 +1
+1 +1 +1 +1
+1 +1 +1
+1 +1 +1 +1

if there are no more left, just comment me and i'll make one and send it to you...
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Logic with a MIDI controller. Can completely change the guitar's sound, or just add a little bit of an effect. Depends what you want it to do.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
wow, pretty old yet i remembered the thread
now extra flamey