Budget : Around 700$ . And remember that I live in Lithuania so the prices may be... a "little" different.
Music style : Metalcore, 80s metal.
Tube or solid state : Preferably tube.
Wattage : Around 30-50 if tube, 50 and more if SS.
Amps that i have been looking into :
Peavey Classic 30. Now I don't know if this will have enough gain so it would be nice to get some input about that.
Randall RG50TC.
Line 6 Flextone 3. I know that it's a modelling amp but I've heard that it's pretty nice.
Peavey Valveking 112. It looks that it's a love/hate thing with these so give me your opinions.

I will probably need to order any of those amps so no "play them first" comments.
Thanks in advance.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Not so sure you're going to be able to find a high gain amp in the 50 watt range without going more expensive, like a Mesa Single Recto or something.

I recommmend Bugera. They've got more gain on tap than anyone would ever need and they're in your price range. Only downside is that they're 120 watts.
I don't even think that I can order them here. But I'll try to talk about that with my local store tomorrow . I don't really want to order anything from a website or something. I'll probably end up paying more but it's more safe that way.
And thanks for the comment, any other suggestions?
Quote by stinger12345
I love my Valveking 112. With a new speaker, and an EQ, it is an AMAZING amp. Not sure why some UGers don't like it, but it's probably because they didn't spend enough time with it and they played through the stock speaker (not that it's really THAT bad).

I highly recommend it. If you can, order from MusiciansFriend so you can return it within thirty days if you don't like it. Hope this helps!
The thing is, that I don't really want to add new parts to an already new amp. But if I would than what kind of speaker would I need?
Quote by stinger12345
Celestion Vintage 30 or a GT75
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
I recommend the Bugera 6260 or 6262. Possibly the best metal amp in that price range.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
All right... Anyone who knows anything about Randall RG50TC and Peavey Classic 30?

Quote by sjones
I recommend the Bugera 6260 or 6262. Possibly the best metal amp in that price range.

Another Bugera fan! Looks like I need to find some more information about these amps! I've watched some video clips about them and they seem really nice. Too bad that I can't play the real thing.
Quote by stinger12345
Last edited by RoamingConflict at Oct 19, 2008,
Quote by RoamingConflict
All right... Anyone who knows anything about Randall RG50TC and Peavey Classic 30?

Both are good amps. Randall is more for metal, the Peavey more for rock.
Ok thanks.
Tomorrow I'll see what is available to order in my local shop!
Quote by stinger12345
I would be lucky if could find a used cube 30 in here mate! There's not a lot of guitar players in here. I highly doubt that anyone would have something like that for sale.
Quote by stinger12345
The C30 isn't really voiced toward metalcore...
The Randall is excellent for metal, but not my cup of tea, so I'm not going to rant about it.
VK CAN do metalcore, with the new speaker, EQ, and OD (as mentioned before), but man argue that it's not worth it because you could buy X-amp with the money after mods. (I'm not arguing for the sake of not arguing, but my investment in it was well worth it.)

The Bugera 333 or Peavey XXX may be just what you're looking for, although I'm not too sure about the price range.
The flextone 3 is a really good amp. I recently bought a mesa single recto and the flextone is pretty simialr at low volumes, though i haven't had a chance to crank eiother of them yet.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

The thing with a Valveking is, that's it's a Peavy. It's a love or hate thing, because they just sound 'different' than other amps. I tried one when I was looking for an amp and couldn't get the tone I wanted, when I was about to leave the store I saw a Flextone III, tried it for about 5 minutes and made my choice.

The Flextone is great for metal (but that's just my opinion) and you can get every other style from it as well. I'm mostly playing hardrock (AC/DC and so on) and had to turn the drive almost all the way down because it kept sounding too 'metal' for me.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe