Does it, and if it does, example?

It happens to me alot. Like certain colours or designs are attached to albums. Like whenever i hear something from black sails in the sunset by AFI i immediatly think of pirates and orange and black.

But unfortunatly, i find it hard to get into albums that have crappy art.
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.
A bit. They certainly make first impressions on me in the store and I usually visualize the music going along with an image in my head that somewhat relates to the album art.
Yeah it does- I don't buy albums that have shit art.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
A little. If I don't think it's very good then I don't have high expectations for the music.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

It doesn't affect the music for me but for me to call something my favorite album it has to be good as a package, album art and all.

Not that I buy many albums anyway.
Quote by Kensai
Yes.

Kensai is made of awesome!
Epic win to you sir!

Wait...

No offence intended, it's just comments like that towards all your posts piss me off, whether you intended them to be funny or not
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I think it's more important now to have original artwork and packaging especially since most people download albums illegaly. Having said that, artwork has never really influenced me to buy an album, it is cool to have a decent package though like the special edition of Watershed by Opeth.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Vauxite

Kensai is made of awesome!
Epic win to you sir!

Wait...

No offence intended, it's just comments like that towards all your posts piss me off, whether you intended them to be funny or not

It wasn't meant to be funny though...
Quote by Kensai
It wasn't meant to be funny though...

..Really?

Re-read my post.

Whenever you post something, serious answer or not, everyone posts something along the lines of what I posted.
I'm not taking a dig at you, I respect you man, im in a very sarcastic mood so felt like replying like all the noobs.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Sadly it does. If I don't like the album art I don't get the album I hate that I feel that way.
Quote by Vauxite
..Really?

Re-read my post.

I know what it said.
Quote by Kensai
I know what it said.

I edited it before i saw this reply.
Im not dissing you bud. Don't take me seriously.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
I edited it before i saw this reply.
Im not dissing you bud. Don't take me seriously.

It's hardly my fault people quote my posts and praise them. I'm just the funny messenger.
Well I end up associating them a little, but it doesn't affect how I hear the music. And I often hear music without seeing the art, so obviously it's not a big factor.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Kensai
It's hardly my fault people quote my posts and praise them. I'm just the funny messenger.

Ha, it's not your fault, its just winding me up tonight.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Well if its from a band I already know and like It doesn't affect, but if I see an album in a store of a band I haven't heard of yes it is important.
No Signature?
Join The Club...
Yes. If I see this:

I know it's probably going to be death metal.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
No, music is music. Artwork is artwork. If you like the music, what difference do the pretty little pictures make?

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by Kensai
Yes.

+1
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
Quote by Underjoggle
Yes. If I see this:

I know it's probably going to be death metal.

You also know that it's probably going to be shit.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist

I was going to post this, but I saw it as pointless. Still, now you've voiced it, I shall naturally agree.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Everyone Dies
A bit. They certainly make first impressions on me in the store and I usually visualize the music going along with an image in my head that somewhat relates to the album art.

Yeah, me too.

Quote by rabidguitarist

I don't know if I should be ashamed for liking Cannibal Corpse, or fight against you and lose massively.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by rabidguitarist

That happens to be a great album.
RULE BRITANNIA
I'm usually surprised at how little an album's artwork resembles my mental image of the music. I think I end up associating images that I see when I'm listening to songs with the songs, like when I used to walk home from school I'd listen to certain music more than others, and now I think of walking down that road on a sunny day when I listen to certain music. I think Led Zeppelin 1 is pretty much all that image.
Yup

The back of In Utero by Nirvana has fetus's all over it.

All i can think of when listening to it is "Fetus me, fetus me, my friend, fetus meeee... fetus me, again.... Am i a small small fetus? IiIi AM I A SMALL, SMALL FETUS?!!?"
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
That happens to be a great album.

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Couldn't care less.

Fix-ed.
Quote by duncang

at his command
A little. I like when albums have good art, but it doesn't really affect my perception of the music itself.

I do appreciate when an album's artwork helps to convey the feel/message of the album.
Buy it. Load it. Shoot it.

Quote by nodtomc
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

Quote by CTFOD
Fixed.

Fixed.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Pauldapro
Faxed.

Fixed.
Quote by duncang

at his command