In my search for a new guitar, I came across this website: www.thomann.de and I was just wondering how reliable they are for buying from, if anyone knows?

Thanks
Curses...i have nothing of interest to write in this here place.
I tried buying an amp from there once and the order didn't go through, but just read the money safety thing on the website.
Weren't you looking at a Mockingbird and a Dinky yesterday?

But yeah, they seem pretty legit.

EDIT: Hot damn, they have a nice selection of stuff.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 19, 2008,
They're reliable. I got my confirmation within 2 days of payment, and the staff are friendly to email.

they even let me cancel an order without hassle
my guitar teacher is german so he always orders from them, kinda like the dawsons of germany i think or the guitar center...i think they're ok to order from cos of that. I would trust them.
Quote by Flying Couch
Weren't you looking at a Mockingbird and a Dinky yesterday?

Why, yes, yes I was, thanks for remembering me But actually lol I'm not getting my guitar off there (although come to think of it, I did imply that, lol), I'm looking to buy an electric drum kit, too.
Curses...i have nothing of interest to write in this here place.
I've bought 2 guitars from Thomann, and I'm currently waiting for the 3rd.... I simply like the company, their prices and their way to handle and package things.... the only negative thing is that they're a bit lacking when it comes to provide their customers with information (like "how long do I have to wait for my guitar to arrive"), but they'll answer every question you ask them!

Thomann is much better than the avarage danish music store, and that's why I do all my shopping through them.... I can only recommend buying your guitar there

Did that answer your question?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
I've bought alot of things, including a guitar from them
they're a great site to buy from, really friendly, always quick, package your stuff well
I've never had a problem with them =D
i bought my 1st electric from thomann and it was set up perfectly and ready to play straight out of the box
Thomann is one of the best online store in Europe. It's based in Germany and I'm their regular customer.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Good website, package well and fast delivery.

My ONLY complaint is that I asked for Super Long Scale D'Addarios for my bass, but they just linked me to their Long Scale strings.
But aren't they a little expensive. musicproject and GAK are cheaper, but I don't have any experience of buy with them.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
They're good. When I ordered one thing was on backorder and they shipped the order with all the stuff (but not the one on backorder) and a second free shipment for the thing on backorder just because I asked.
Quote by hminh87
Thomann is one of the best online store in Europe. It's based in Germany and I'm their regular customer.

what i was gonna say........
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

They're very reliable! I bought my SG from there, you get good value for money, free delivery on orders over a set amount and the delivery is really quick!
yeah, great site. quick delivery, never had any problems with it. neither did people I know.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
there very good in my experience, but they dont have the schecter I want haha
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
yeah they ae good i used to do my pedals from there but it became too much hasstle to use the credit card tbh if your in the uk and having to wait for them to distribute ur items
but they are good
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Thomann is terrible, i bought and epiphone special from there and it had buzz on the first fret straight away, then the pickup cracked, then the neck came lose, and then the input for the jack completely came of, this was within 15 days of me buying the product! it's not been thirty days so i can still get my money back but i have to pay to send it from england to germany which will be at least £30!
Bottom line, don't go there unless you're positive your product is going to be perfect.
Quote by Loltoast
Bottom line, don't go there unless you're positive your product is going to be perfect.

This. I'm never going to buy a new instrument from thomann again, but I use them all the time for strings, picks and other accessories
Last edited by xFilth at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by Loltoast
Thomann is terrible, i bought and epiphone special from there and it had buzz on the first fret straight away, then the pickup cracked, then the neck came lose, and then the input for the jack completely came of, this was within 15 days of me buying the product! it's not been thirty days so i can still get my money back but i have to pay to send it from england to germany which will be at least £30!

that goes without saying, and applies to any online store really. having to pay for the shipping costs to return something to a different country is perfectly normal, the postal services aren't gonna hear you're story and feel sorry for you and say "ok we'll offer you our services for free"

these things happen from time to time, it's not thomann's fault one of the bottom of the line guitars they received from epiphone fell apart after a couple of weeks of normal use. don't expect the replacement guitar to be any better...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
that goes without saying, and applies to any online store really. having to pay for the shipping costs to return something to a different country is perfectly normal, the postal services aren't gonna hear you're story and feel sorry for you and say "ok we'll offer you our services for free"

these things happen from time to time, it's not thomann's fault one of the bottom of the line guitars they received from epiphone fell apart after a couple of weeks of normal use. don't expect the replacement guitar to be any better...

it's just annoying how they can send me something of such bad quality when they're supposed to be a reliable site, i do't expect them to pay for the shipping, i expected them to get it to me in good condition
Quote by Blompcube

When I received a defect guitar (flaws in finish and a dead fret) it took a LOT of convincing to let me return the guitar, even though they had a 30 day money back guarantee. In the end I had to pay a part of the return shipping cost. Annoying customer-service.
anytime i had anything faulty thomann paid the return postage

make clear it's faulty and you're not just returning it under distance selling regulations
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
anytime i had anything faulty thomann paid the return postage

make clear it's faulty and you're not just returning it under distance selling regulations

I started contact with a long mail providing sound-clips of the dead frets as well as good pictures of the flaws and still they took a week to decide that they would take it back :/

But I guess my case could just be a one off.

Ah well, buying new instruments sucks anyways used it the way to go
yeah maybe you got unlucky (or maybe i got lucky)

either way, if they sent me something that should have been dumped in the reject bin, there's no way i'd be paying return postage. by law, if it's faulty, they pay return postage
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I live in England and I've received a faulty guitar, it's broke within 15 days and the postage to send it back will be about £30, will i be able to get them to pay for this as it is their fault the guitar has broken not mine. Also, What will i have to do to get them to pay for the shipping?
Lol this thread is three years old!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Loltoast
it's just annoying how they can send me something of such bad quality when they're supposed to be a reliable site, i do't expect them to pay for the shipping, i expected them to get it to me in good condition

yes, i can see how it's annoying but i really don't understand why you'd immediately blame thomann for it.

i would imagine that they only check the guitars over briefly enough to make sure everything's working as it should at the time they ship it, so how are they supposed to know the guitar is gonna fall apart after two weeks of normal use? that is assuming you didn't do something with it that damaged it.

you did kinda suggest that fret buzz was the only issue when it arrived, and this kind of thing is to be expected when you ship a guitar a long distance. the fact of the matter is, those epiphone specials are just bad quality guitars and other than the neck coming loose, the faults that you mentioned come as no surprise to me at all. that is the manufacturer's problem. once again i will tell you, it's not thomann's fault that epiphone's cheaper products are dreadful. just be thankful that they have a 30 day return policy in the first place

edit: @oneblackened: dammit! i guess most people didn't notice because the first post of the last page is the necrobump...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by Blompcube
yes, i can see how it's annoying but i really don't understand why you'd immediately blame thomann for it.

I blame thomann because my guitar shouldn't fall apart in 15 days, the jack input fell off and completely ****ed it's self for no reason and now i can't play it at all. I have played other epiphone specials and they have none of these problems. it was probably just a one off that my guitar was of bad quality but the fact i have to pay to send it back just to get my money back is ridiculous, i'm hardly getting my money back when i have to buy it back
Old post is old, thomann are a legit store. If you have any problems with them you shouldnt have any issues getting your money back.

I've had good experiances with them.