Hey, so I just recorded a basic rhythm and made a lead over it. I've been playing for a little over one year...one year and 3-4 months roughly. I just improvised in the key of G (well i hope so), even the rhythm bit was improvised, I don't for the love of God remember the exact chord progression. I didn't really make this to show off my skills or anything, I didn't go all fancy with technique, it's just ask you guys for your opinions, just to basically know if I'm headed in the right direction. Phrasing and stuff?? Hmmm. Anyway it's just a clean rhythm with a little delay and slightly overdriven lead sound. I like playing on the clean channel a lot , so pardon the absence of distortion.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's on my profile.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Last edited by the_wayward_one at Oct 19, 2008,
Really nice dude. The way you talk about the clip made it seem like I was about to listen to something I'd regret, but I was pleasantly surprised. The phrasing gave it kind of a laid-back/southern-rock feel. Only thing I'd recommend is to work on cleaning up your picking, but other then that you're off to a good start. Keep it up!

And there's nothing wrong with playing on the clean channel a lot. Hell, I used to play my acoustic damn near constantly until I gave it to my brother.

Mind returning a crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981651
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
thanks man! Yeah i'm working on my legato and picking and most importantly, my non existent vibrato, i'll probably make another recording or video, maybe a cover solo this time. I'll listen to yours for sure.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .