I need to replace some tubes in my Classic 30. I have no experience doing this, and I have read that I should go to a professional to replace them. I found a good website, tubedepot.com, where I can buy the tubes that I want. Should I buy all the tubes that I want, then bring my amp to a guitar center or something? Or should I buy the tubes at guitarcenter? (If not guitar center, I have a local music store pretty close to my house)
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Get them at tubedepot and then change them yourself. Your amp doesn't need to be biased, which is the difficult part. Just make sure the old tubes are cold, then pull them straight out of the sockets and push the new ones in.
really? Great! I am thinking about replacing all of the tubes in my amp (4 power, 3 pre) because i have sovtek in there right now, and they are loud and crappy. Would JJ's suit my Classic 30 well? The JJ/Tesla ECC83s/12AX7 for the three preamps, and the JJ/Tesla El84/6BQ5?????
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
eurotubes.com

Bob Pletka will help you select tubes that match your desired sound best, and he is incredibly gracious. Email him, and he will hand select the perfect tubes to suit your desired tone! Give him a shot, you won't regret it.