so i think its about time to make a thread about this genre, which is rare around here.. i just hope it picks up, and not get thrown.

so anyway, there might not be many acoustic metal fans, but it IS an amazing, very underestimated, genre to play, it sounds surprisngly awesome 2!,, plus its wayy more challenging, and cooler ( to me atleast) than on electric..

if your not sure how is it, check these vedios out, they got me so f*kin deep into this genre.. hope they work for u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxlHRbi1wT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpXHeoRo9aU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtly3FRYb9E&feature=related

well thts jst a few, thrs alot more, but im too lazy now.

so in other words, any metal song, can be translated pretty good on acousitc, and maeke it even sound cooler.. for you who dont already know.

share here all metal songs that u think sound good on acoustic, and- or ur experinces..

i learned till now mostly opeth

like closure and the drapery falls.. and some agalloch riffs, and metallica solos and riffs.
and trust me when i say, they sound freaking amazing

so thtats it, , pick up ur guitar, and FU*KING HIT ITT!!
DO

THE ACOUSTIC

Dreaming his way to victory
I think System of a Down - Aerials sounds cool on acoustic also Breaking Benjamin - So Cold. A lot of Godsmack, and Flyleaf, Three Days Grace - Never to Late. I even play Atreyu - Ain't Love Grand , and Bullet for My Valentine on the acoustic lol,
ROCK'N 6 STRINGS GRINDING PICKS INTO POWDER
what the hell....acoustic metal.......meh, it's the only metal i ever play, ( i don't have an electric yet ) lol.
I play Legacy.. Papa Roach on acoustic and that sounds pretty good plus a lot of Linkin Park
Why are most of the songs people are saying aren't even metal? Don't be a poser and play shitty punk/emo rock and call it acoustic metal. I think if anything, you should give yourself a challenge by playing something technical on acoustic, instead of just little one line speed picking and simple scales/riffs. Sort of like my cover of Necrophagist's Advanced Corpse Tumor that I did on acoustic (got deleted somehow) and this guy's great cover of Epitaph:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPNTrSr0ml4

The whole purpose of acoustic metal, in my opinion, is to show how metal you can be on a inherently non-metal instrument. Or just use distortion like I do, if you have a electro-acoustic; that counts too.
yea i always make my metal riffs on accoustic then transfer them to nylon string guitar.....
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by HenHouse
yea i always make my metal riffs on accoustic then transfer them to nylon string guitar.....

That's really the only way to go..... \m/ \m/
Hey Nekryph download your cover onto You Tube again...would be interested to see. Not a flippant comment by the way just interested.
Last edited by g1jammer at Oct 21, 2008,
This is actually a thread where my Variax absolutely shines. Going from a Martin acoustic model to a gibson firebird or les paul model with a stomp or flick of a switch when playing an acoustic /electric metal song is a very good time.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by THE NEKRYPH
Why are most of the songs people are saying aren't even metal? Don't be a poser and play shitty punk/emo rock and call it acoustic metal. I think if anything, you should give yourself a challenge by playing something technical on acoustic, instead of just little one line speed picking and simple scales/riffs. Sort of like my cover of Necrophagist's Advanced Corpse Tumor that I did on acoustic (got deleted somehow) and this guy's great cover of Epitaph:

The whole purpose of acoustic metal, in my opinion, is to show how metal you can be on a inherently non-metal instrument. Or just use distortion like I do, if you have a electro-acoustic; that counts too.

exactly what i had in mind,, we need more METAL people, and less emo, rock, alternative songs.. we have enough threads for those.

and nice cover of epitaph,, sounds weird acousticaly though
DO

THE ACOUSTIC

Quote by THE NEKRYPH

KSE... Opeth...

how long has that rock been stuck in your skull?
First off, Opeth are definitely not emo (unless I misunderstood your post). Apart from that, cool thread! It's true, acoustic versions of metal songs just rock. At the moment I don't have any to post, but there are many Iron Maiden acoustic versions that are very good (especially by a guy called Thingfish, don't know if you've heard of him).
greatt just learned opeth - the drapery falls , and its ****ing awesomee! its jst one of those songs that make u feel good playing
i still gta get it down 100% .. now next song blackwater parkk!!.... i doubt il be getting this 1 right
DO

THE ACOUSTIC

Quote by Rodney Rocket
I think System of a Down - Aerials sounds cool on acoustic also Breaking Benjamin - So Cold. A lot of Godsmack, and Flyleaf, Three Days Grace - Never to Late. I even play Atreyu - Ain't Love Grand , and Bullet for My Valentine on the acoustic lol,

None of those are metal