I've had my Bugera 333XL for about 4 months now, and about a week ago it started doing this thing where it'll play fine for a few minutes, then there'll be this semi-loud static that gets louder and louder for about thirty seconds and then goes away for three or four minutes, then comes back... It's definately in the amp; it keeps on making the noise with the guitar cable unplugged from the amp. What could posisbly be wrong?

I'm going to guess and say a tube, maybe? The power tubes are glowing happily away in there just fine, but from what I understand a dieing preamp tube can cause stuff like this to happen?
cell phone?
electrical equipment?
moe it all away.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by doctorcheeze200
cell phone?
electrical equipment?
moe it all away.
I've had it in my room the majority of the time I've owned it, with my computer, cell phone, ect... all around it and it's just started doing this.
could be your cables. try using a dif cable or somthing.

check the fuse on the back of the amp as well
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
ehm.. cell phone, tv signal, broadband signal (if mobile), pedal? bad connection to the ground plate?
“English is the language this article is written in.”
~Captain Obvious On English
could also be the wall outlet you are pluged into. could be an older outlet. sometimes older outlets can bring some extra voltage that can cause noise do to a unshielded wire or somthing.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia