Page 1 of 2
Hey UG, are there any fellow Ombrophiles out there on UG? If youre wondering what an Ombrophile is (and you probably are), its a person who loves it when it rains. Anybody else out there like that?

Peace
Quote by aaciseric
Theres a chav revolution brewing in my area, hopefully my personal hygiene, sobriety, long hair and GnR albums can protect me for some time.
Last edited by TokaiRocker2000 at Oct 19, 2008,
I thought you were going on about some weird sexual fetish when I read the title.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I do love being inside when it rains. It means its snuggle time.

If I'm outside I want to strangle it with my hands. I'm working on a machine that will allow me to do just that. I'll keep you updated.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by el-ECTRO
I thought you were going on about some weird sexual fetish when I read the title.

I dont blame you to be honest lol
Quote by aaciseric
Theres a chav revolution brewing in my area, hopefully my personal hygiene, sobriety, long hair and GnR albums can protect me for some time.
I like being inside when it rains and hearing the rain on my window.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Kensai
I do love being inside when it rains. It means its snuggle time.

If I'm outside I want to strangle it with my hands. I'm working on a machine that will allow me to do just that. I'll keep you updated.

cheers!
Quote by aaciseric
I hate rain. If I'm inside, it means I can't go out, if I'm outside, it makes my hair go curly.
i prefer rain to intense sun. but that doesn't make me a weird-word-that-sounds-like-a-sexual-fetish now does it?
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I love the rain, and i don't care if im indoors or not. I just love enjoying a nice rainy day.
Quote by Metallicaxp
I love the rain, and i don't care if im indoors or not. I just love enjoying a nice rainy day.

Good for you mate, and by the looks of it you like metallica too. Nice work.
Quote by aaciseric
I rape little children, yes.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok, yes, I do love the rain, and also when it's cloudy.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

I am. Glad to know I'm not the only one who knows what that word means now.
GTFO my sig
I love the rain whether I'm inside or outside. Although when my dreadlocks get soaked through in the rain it takes hours for them to dry but despite that I still love it.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I love the rain whether I'm inside or outside. Although when my dreadlocks get soaked through in the rain it takes hours for them to dry but despite that I still love it.

Dreadlocks? Nice.
Quote by aaciseric
Dude,
I like rain too!
Just pouring down on you ... something of a cleansing, eh?

We get enough of that shit here in Belgium.

So huzzah !
UGs Ombrophiles! (Before you ask its a weird sexual fetish)

Odd...Thats how I read it...
Quote by Sol9989
i prefer rain to intense sun. but that doesn't make me a weird-word-that-sounds-like-a-sexual-fetish now does it?

me too i love walking in the rain if its drizzle not down pouring...as for the word, imma look it up and use it if it mean what he says it means
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by Mudmen190
UGs Ombrophiles! (Before you ask its a weird sexual fetish)

Odd...Thats how I read it...

hah no phile just means like or love not neccessarily be sexually attracted to.
Quote by aaciseric
Quote by TokaiRocker2000
hah no phile just means like or love not neccessarily be sexually attracted to.

Sorta like how paedophiles do it because they like and love children, not because they're sexually attracted to them.
Only if it's raining really heavily, on a summer day.

The rest of the time its pathetic drizzle which I hate.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by el-ECTRO

I am actually a Sombrerophile.

*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by OddOneOut

We don't get Summers days, we get days where its less awful for about a month. Every 10 years.
Quote by SmarterChild
Sorta like how paedophiles do it because they like and love children, not because they're sexually attracted to them.

it only sometimes means that theyre sexually attracted to it, for example an anglophile loves england, but obviously theyre not sexually attracted to it.
Quote by aaciseric
Quote by TokaiRocker2000
it only sometimes means that theyre sexually attracted to it, for example an anglophile loves england, but obviously theyre not sexually attracted to it.

So why do people lie back and think of England when they have sex then?

Or maybe that's just me.
Quote by SmarterChild
So why do people lie back and think of England when they have sex then?

Or maybe that's just me.

ah well you tell me.
Quote by aaciseric
I love rain. Perfect song-writing weather for the style I write.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Oh oh me me!! I believe I qualify

....Now what ?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Oh oh me me!! I believe I qualify

....Now what ?

Funny arent you.
Quote by aaciseric
I like rain... but not when I have to bike somewhere. Then it just sucks cause the pedals are slippery, the road is slippery, mud all over your back, rain on the lenses of your glasses etc. etc... other than that, rain is awesome.
Quote by OddOneOut

this raises a question:

seeing as inuits have a ridiculous number of words for snow depending on it's type and all that, there must be culture somewhere that has loads of different words for rain too, right? if so, i want to know some.

thunderstorms on a humid day are awesome but drizzle in December that gets your soaking wet without you realising it can f*ck off.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
i do aswel

...... which is lucky cus i live in scotland

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
I like when it rains because the sound helps me sleep, and thunder storms = perfect nights sleep for me
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
i freakin love rain, inside or out. i wrote a song that captures what i hear in my head when i think about rain
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
I love going for rainwalks, in that type of rain where your shirt goes seethrough after about 2 seconds. It's good for your complexion and hair, too.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
This might just be my cynicism of all things human speaking, but this thread is screaming, "Look at me, I know a multi-syllabic word! Let me use it to impress people!"

On topic, though, I have nothing against rain, as long as I'm not in the middle of nowhere
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Page 1 of 2