Page 1 of 4
i mean bands that realize that they started sucking but decided to squish money out people and loose their public image

metallica: they should have retired after the black album. we would all have nice memories of them rather than shitty albums and super commercial life(like their on the news constantly and shit)

cradle of filth:imo they sucked, but after thornography they started sucking more and more, dani cant sing for shit but they think they want more fking money. From sucking they went to uber sucking

post any more bands
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
I agree with Metallica, they should have stopped ages ago. To be honest, all bands of that era should stop making music really.
Quote by kurt/armstrong
those are all bands that faded away
burning out is what nirvana and zeppelin did
they just stopped
fading away is making records after nobody cares anymore

is it? well anyway its the other way around in this thread
Quote by Flying Couch
Nirvana?

Kurt died you ass.... besides he knew he was getting too out of the music and was going to quit anyway...
Quote by Tom_hatton
I agree with Metallica, they should have stopped ages ago. To be honest, all bands of that era should stop making music really.

Wait, is it because you don't like all of the bands from the 80s, or is it because you think bands shouldn't have long careers? Either way, I disagree fully. Exodus, for instance have come back with one of the strongest albums of their history.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Joy Division
Beatles
Hendrix
Doors
RATM

Well 3 of these deal with death so I don't know if they count.
I'm pondering saying Iron Maiden should have burnt out rather than fade away. Since their peak they have released bad album after bad album. But Dance Of Death really throws that theory off a bit because that album was surprisingly brilliant.
im gonna get flamed but...

iron maiden (don't get me wrong, this is my favorite band) somehow it get's repetitive and the solos are not epic anymore. i admit dance of death was a good album, but brave new world and a matter of life and death!
and what about all their "best of" they have like 4 albums of "best of"

EDIT: dang beaten to it!
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by AcouticShredder
Kurt died you ass.... besides he knew he was getting too out of the music and was going to quit anyway...

I think Flying Couch was making a joke because the last lines of Kurt Cobain's "Suicide note" were "It's better to burn out than to fade away."
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by CFH82
I think Flying Couch was making a joke because the last lines of Kurt Cobain's "Suicide note" were "It's better to burn out than to fade away."

1. That's actually a Neil Young quote. People credit it to Kurt, though. But yes, you spotted the reference.
2. It was half a joke. I'm not sure if Nirvana really count, hence the question mark at the end of my other post.
Quote by magnum1117
im gonna get flamed but...

iron maiden (don't get me wrong, this is my favorite band) somehow it get's repetitive and the solos are not epic anymore. i admit dance of death was a good album, but brave new world and a matter of life and death!
and what about all their "best of" they have like 4 albums of "best of"

EDIT: dang beaten to it!

Hahaha wow! We pretty much said the exact same thing right after each other.
If by burn out you mean self destruct I'd say Headly.

Your beautifull insanity can suck my dick.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by Flying Couch
1. That's actually a Neil Young quote. People credit it to Kurt, though. But yes, you spotted the reference.
2. It was half a joke. I'm not sure if Nirvana really count, hence the question mark at the end of my other post.

I thought it was Def Leppard..
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Hahaha wow! We pretty much said the exact same thing right after each other.

yeah! hahaha i thought i was the only one that thought that!
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by freddaahh
Wait, is it because you don't like all of the bands from the 80s, or is it because you think bands shouldn't have long careers? Either way, I disagree fully. Exodus, for instance have come back with one of the strongest albums of their history.

Nothing wrong with 80s bands (Well... ), but there comes a time when they should stop. Metallica should stop- they can't even play their instruments anymore. Slayer shouldn't have ever started... but yeah, bands just shouldn't have long careers because after 5 or so albums, they generally turn to shit.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
I'm pondering saying Iron Maiden should have burnt out rather than fade away. Since their peak they have released bad album after bad album. But Dance Of Death really throws that theory off a bit because that album was surprisingly brilliant.

A Matter of Life and Death was great, too. I's say that time when they released a stack of bad albums - after Fear of the Dark - was due to line up changes. Things got better with Brave New World but that was lacking still; even better with Dance of Death and they're almost back to the same standards of the 80s, I think.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
You guys hating on Maiden are just Bruce fanboys. There was nothing wrong with The X Factor, but Virtual XI wasn't the greatest.
Oasis. They should've called it quits when Blur did.

EDIT: And The Offspring shouldn't still be going either.
2DIT: Or AC/DC
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by freddaahh
A Matter of Life and Death was great, too. I's say that time when they released a stack of bad albums - after Fear of the Dark - was due to line up changes. Things got better with Brave New World but that was lacking still; even better with Dance of Death and they're almost back to the same standards of the 80s, I think.

well from my point of view a matter of life and death is not a cool album let me tell you why (again this is from my point of view)

like i said, one of the things that made maiden maiden was that they could make solos that could be remembered and epic. the "new" solos are way to repetitive (dave murray and janick are the repetitive ones! adrian is ok :P)

bruce voice has deteriorated a bit and now it sounds a bit boring.
im not saying the whole album is bad (a few songs are cool though)
and i hate that it has a lot of slow parts acoustic parts.

just an opinion though.

Quote by shaquille
You guys hating on Maiden are just Bruce fanboys. There was nothing wrong with The X Factor, but Virtual XI wasn't the greatest.

not really, i actually love their early work with di'anno.
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Last edited by magnum1117 at Oct 19, 2008,
Hmm... I'm gonna say In Flames. Sure, loads of people still care about their newer albums, it's just that I don't.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by Tom_hatton
Nothing wrong with 80s bands (Well... ), but there comes a time when they should stop. Metallica should stop- they can't even play their instruments anymore. Slayer shouldn't have ever started... but yeah, bands just shouldn't have long careers because after 5 or so albums, they generally turn to shit.

After five albums? That's a bit steep, I didn't like the Black Album, but that was decent and it was Metallica's fifth. Maiden only got better after five albums.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
iron maiden hijacked this thread
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by freddaahh
After five albums? That's a bit steep, I didn't like the Black Album, but that was decent and it was Metallica's fifth. Maiden only got better after five albums.

We'll wait for DragonForce's fifth album, then I'll probably change my mind

Maiden did get better though, that much is true. Personally I think the absence of Paul Dianno (that's his name, right?) made Maiden better, I just hated the sound of his voice. But ignoring the number of albums they've made, all 80s bands should quit making music because MOST of them can't play anymore... except for Megadeth.
Nirvana

In fact, weren't Kurts last words "It's better to burn out than fade away"?
Quote by Tom_hatton
We'll wait for DragonForce's fifth album, then I'll probably change my mind

Maiden did get better though, that much is true. Personally I think the absence of Paul Dianno (that's his name, right?) made Maiden better, I just hated the sound of his voice. But ignoring the number of albums they've made, all 80s bands should quit making music because MOST of them can't play anymore... except for Megadeth.

Even Testament?
Gear:
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by magnum1117
well from my point of view a matter of life and death is not a cool album let me tell you why (again this is from my point of view)

like i said, one of the things that made maiden maiden was that they could make solos that could be remembered and epic. the "new" solos are way to repetitive (dave murray and janick are the repetitive ones! adrian is ok :P)

bruce voice has deteriorated a bit and now it sounds a bit boring.
im not saying the whole album is bad (a few songs are cool though)
and i hate that it has a lot of slow parts acoustic parts.

just an opinion though.

not really, i actually love their early work with di'anno.

So, you hate the fact that they got repetative, but when they decide to do something else you get pissed of too?
Quote by frankv
So, you hate the fact that they got repetative, but when they decide to do something else you get pissed of too?

He could be saying that whilst he feels that they were getting repetitive, he would have preferred that they throw in variety whilst still retaining that trademark "Maiden" sound?

I don't recall Iron Maiden being really well renowned for their acoustic sections.
Gear:
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Even Testament?

To be honest, I've never really listened to them. But they're thrash so...yeah
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
He could be saying that whilst he feels that they were getting repetitive, he would have preferred that they throw in variety whilst still retaining that trademark "Maiden" sound?

I don't recall Iron Maiden being really well renowned for their acoustic sections.

yeah i mean this hahaha
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Quote by freddaahh

Hmmm. I actually liked some moments of Virtual XI and X Factor, but the songwriting was way too dark too often and the melodies just weren't strong enough. Pick any random song off of one of these albums and then a random one off of any of the ones between Number and Seventh, we all know which will be better.

Sadly I disagree with you completely on A Matter Of Life And Death. Every song (apart from Different World) started with quiet little bits, were mostly about war or something negative and were too long. I know that Iron Maiden used to be GREAT at writing enormous songs (Rime, Alexander, Seventh, Hallowed) but all the new ones just seem to clunk on and on and never go in exciting direction, just "epic" ones.

However, Lord of Light does have a mega cool riffs in.

And to that lad calling me a Bruce fanboy, as true as that may be I actually thought Killers kicked arse.
I honestly think Metallica haven't done much since 1989, but that's my opinion.
RULE BRITANNIA
Page 1 of 4