I have no idea what guitar to get but i want one that is very comfortable to play and it is good for hard rock/metal.

i want it to be fairly light and cost no more than $250

if there is such a guitar out there can you show them to me.
Try a Fender stratocaster, or, with that budget, Squier strat. Contoured for comfort of the player and not too heavy. And yes, it can be used for metal. I can give a few examples if need-be.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
A dean ML, they are the most comefortable guitars ever, amazing for sitting down and perfect ballance for playing standing up, great sustain, tone, ability and amazing necks.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Epiphone G400.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
If you can go used, i would say a MIM fat strat

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Why does everyone on here always recommend G400s in every thread. They are so horrible for the money. They feel like a sub $200 guitar. I mean, everyone on here praises the thing and its probably the worst guitar for the money, yet everyone hates on the MG for the same thing..
Quote by eurotrashed
Why does everyone on here always recommend G400s in every thread. They are so horrible for the money. They feel like a sub $200 guitar. I mean, everyone on here praises the thing and its probably the worst guitar for the money, yet everyone hates on the MG for the same thing..

...See, it's because we use logic. I've tried Gibson SG's and G-400's, frankly for $400 the G-400 is a great recreation I'd be proud to have in my collection even if I were a private collector or a pro. How about trying the guitar before making suggestions on it?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
go with esp/ltd guitars in that price range... they are great for hardrock/metal and are like the lightest guitars i've ever put my hands on!
I have obviously tried the G400 if you read anything that I wrote. I said it FEELS like a $200 guitar. I think plenty of people on here haven't tried the G400 and are just going on word of mouth about how good it is for the money. Gibson SGs feel a lot better than a G400, but the Gibson SG Specials aren't even anything to write home about, way overpriced.

I wanted an SG so I tried a G400 and it was horrible, so I got something a lot better for less money
Quote by bazzabalboa
A dean ML, they are the most comefortable guitars ever, amazing for sitting down and perfect ballance for playing standing up, great sustain, tone, ability and amazing necks.

youre joking right please say you are because low end deans suck and are not comfortableand juding by the fact you have a next to your lp special gives me the idea youre not
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
youre joking right please say you are because low end deans suck and are not comfortableand juding by the fact you have a next to your lp special gives me the idea youre not

Yeah, but my lp has gibson hardware and active emgs so im pretty sure it deserves its

any way back to the point, i didnt say low end deans, i meant the £400+ ones, they are really well built. Particularly the 79 ml, it is a joy to play
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!