Poll Options
View poll results: yay or nay?
yay
71 72%
nay
28 28%
Voters: 99.
Page 1 of 2
I say obvious yay. If you can make better, stronger, more abundantly available food, why not?

give me reasons.

EDIT: keep in mind that genetically altered food could be used to feed third world countries
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 19, 2008,
natural is the way to go cause it taste better. i dunno.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Im for it. As long as the genetically altered animals dont get out into the wild, its fine.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
I prefer natural, organic food to something cooked up in a lab.
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Just don't do it in las vegas, new york or miami. Their CSI teams will find you and hunt you down without mercy.
I'm all for it!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
I haven't formed a strong opinion either way yet. I like the idea of all natural, but if you can stop disease from affecting the crops or animals it'll help more people.
Quote by Demonikk
If I can has cheezburger trees then I'm all for GM

+1.

Yeah, I don't mind GM foods either as long as they're safe and enviornmentally friendly.

(I don't want super-cows going out into the wild and feasting on grizzly bears then attacking people in their homes while they sleep.)
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Yay.

Quote by CephalidHunter
Im for it. As long as the genetically altered animals dont get out into the wild, its fine.

All farm animals are genetically altered anyway. It's called selective breeding.
I say yes to GM food. It's sustainable, controllable and cheaper, with good quality.Genetic Modification has been happening for centuries in the form of selective breeding (yes, it is a form of genetic modification), so there's no reason why we shouldn't skip the breeding stages and just get our food how we want it now.
Quote by lewis_grey
If it tastes good who gives a s**t

Everyone because they'll end up sh*tting it out.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I say yes to GM food. It's sustainable, controllable and cheaper, with good quality.Genetic Modification has been happening for centuries in the form of selective breeding (yes, it is a form of genetic modification), so there's no reason why we shouldn't skip the breeding stages and just get our food how we want it now.

now this is what Im talking bout! I have too many left-wing friends who say that GM food is an abomination and is going to cause more harm than good.
Quote by KillerNapkin
i dont like eating chemicals with my food

nay

what exact chemicals are you talking about?
Quote by KillerNapkin
i dont like eating chemicals with my food

nay

Genetic modification means that they don't have to use so many pesticides. GM has nothing to do with chemicals.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

QFT
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Yay.

GM food is sustainable, resilient, and it requires less pesticides etc because you can engineer the crop to be resistent to certain factors.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
1) It's not cooked up in a lab.
2) It hasn't got any more chemicals added to it than non GM food.
3) It's more sustainable, and efficient.
4) Selective breeding is genetic modification anyway. That's been happening for ages.
5) Yes. I'm all for it.
Quote by gonzaw
So you don't like eating glucose, aminoacids, fructuose, etc?

How are you still alive?

QFT
Also, with the onset of global warming, more crops will fail, and new forms of crops will need to be established in order to cope with climate change. Genetic modification will help with that drastically. And if it's possible to grow large amounts, and possibly even perform multiple harvests in a year, allowing the problem to food shortages to be alleviated... anyone against GM either doesn't understand it, or is just greedy.
Equals genetically made up stuff that is emulated based on some of the cells of a given product, gotta fill up what's lacking, else making up perfect copies would be as painstaking as the real deal, use your brains.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Also, with the onset of global warming, more crops will fail, and new forms of crops will need to be established in order to cope with climate change. Genetic modification will help with that drastically. And if it's possible to grow large amounts, and possibly even perform multiple harvests in a year, allowing the problem to food shortages to be alleviated... anyone against GM either doesn't understand it, or is just greedy.

damn you make alot of sense to me, either its my drunken state of mind (yes, this is another drunk thread of mine), or you are a very well educated individual

LONG LIVE GUINESS!
Yey. Anyone who is against needs to move to Africa. And is a moron.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I'm for GM foods, as I stated before.

But we need a way to keep the super-corn from going all "The Happening" on us.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I wouldn't like to unknowingly eat it for years of my life but if it's cheaper then I think it should be available to anyone who might need it.
Americans have really huge skulls because of it though, weird.
I deliberately avoid organic produce when shopping as it's not sustainable on a global scale.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by Mad Marius
Yey. Anyone who is against needs to move to Africa. And is a moron.

Norman Borlaug will beat the shit of you as well.

During the mid-20th century, Borlaug led the introduction of these high-yielding varieties combined with modern agricultural production techniques to Mexico, Pakistan, and India. As a result, Mexico became a net exporter of wheat by 1963. Between 1965 and 1970, wheat yields nearly doubled in Pakistan and India, greatly improving the food security in those nations. These collective increases in yield have been labeled the Green Revolution, and Borlaug is often credited with saving over a billion people from starvation.[3] He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1970 in recognition of his contributions to world peace through increasing food supply.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Meh, doesn't taste as good in general, but I'm not really too bothered about food as a source of pleasure. It keeps me alive, so more of it can't be bad.

Edit: Unless you don't like me
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
The majority of you have been eating GM foods whether or not you want to for a long while now.
Quote by Kensai
Norman Borlaug will beat the shit of you as well.

I agree with Penn and Teller when they called him possibly the greatest human being to have ever lived.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Page 1 of 2