how much would getting my guitar refinished cost?
alternatively, what supplies would i need to do it myself? (my dad has a whole refinishing shop, but the kinds of finish he uses arent what is used on guitars)

and lastly, do you think a jem7v would look good black? i think it would look similar to this guitar:
Yeah I think it would look great.

You need sanding sealer, primer, colour, and clear. All must be lacquer, they will say on the can. I use spray cans, and they work great for me. In addition to that you will need a lot of sandpaper, a mask (just one of those 3M filter things for like $2 is ok), and some way to buff it.

I don't know about professional costs, but it sure as hell would be cheaper to do it yourself. And it isn't that difficult.

Manitoba FTW!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
nice man. I don't know my geography too well, is that Selkirk?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
it would look sexy....and would cost no more than $50 done urself and like $1000 for a pro....hmm....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by Øttər
nice man. I don't know my geography too well, is that Selkirk?

nah, in some small ass town by stonewall
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
it would look sexy....and would cost no more than $50 done urself and like $1000 for a pro....hmm....

No way, a pro paint job is actually a grand? Holy shit....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
No way, a pro paint job is actually a grand? Holy shit....

i dont know whether thats right, for that price you can just buy a new guitar that is black and replace the hardware with gold and you have the same idea
Yeah...

Well anyways, if you paint it take your time, then painting it yourself will turn out better than a factory finish.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
yes, pro pait jobs cost a s***load. its a f***ing ripoff
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
yes, pro pait jobs cost a s***load. its a f***ing ripoff

maybe if there was actual art being painted on it, but just to put a black finish on it?
^yep. and thats in USD, too....cause i was too lazy to convert

but in all seriousness, that was a quote i got to paint a red cheapo guitar black.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
^yep. and thats in USD, too....cause i was too lazy to convert

but in all seriousness, that was a quote i got to paint a red cheapo guitar black.

thats some bull shit right there
Yeah... do you mind me asking where you get that price from?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
"custom luthier" near where i live
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Wow... that is absolutely crazy. You should personally speak to him and ask him how he can charge so much for what should cost a few hundred dollars at most.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Good luck but I personally find black a bit boring *yawn*every mum and her etc... you get my point.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by BR0THERALEX
what color is your guitar now?

its white, theres a pic in my profile