give ur opinions on the pro and cons on both, am buying one but cant decide if the extra €150 is worth it beside havin a 3 band eq for each channel rather than a master eq and an extra 6L6GC tube.. but theres only the one input on the + on the normal version theres both a high and low gain input.. so if i was to use Active id be better off where as i probably would be facin a problem with the + ?
what would be best? save money or spend 100 extra ? what am i buying more?
“English is the language this article is written in.”
~Captain Obvious On English
Last edited by toweringdeath at Oct 19, 2008,
If you already know you like the amp, then it wouldn't hurt anything to get the one with the extra features. Now, if you doubt you'll use them, don't.
Remember though, don't screw yourself out of something you'll regret to save 1/10th of the price of something. If you think you'd ever use it, just go for it.
it's not a huge difference in price and you never know when separate EQs will come in handy
ohai little sig.
but apparently the + has less gain than the norm. (not that ill ever go to ten on the 6505 anyway) to saturated.. but i guess that extra eq would be handy for cleans not being restricted to what the lead channel is on
“English is the language this article is written in.”
~Captain Obvious On English
it is worth it. your cleans will be much better with a separate eq. the plus i hear has a little less gain but it's negligible. andif you buy used, theyre like the same price so it dont matter.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
think ill go for the +