Poll: yes or no?
Poll Options
View poll results: yes or no?
who gives a shit about animals? **** EM!!
78 49%
OH MY GOD!! I THINK WE SHOULD TREAT THEM BETTER!
82 51%
Voters: 160.
Page 1 of 4
ok. i live in CAlifornia and theres this one proposition about animal rights. people want to give animals more rights and treat them more humanely. yes or no? but before you answer, go to peta.org and watch the pig video. i saw it and was unaffected whatsoever. i have been called sadistic and unemotional but then again, i'm not the only one who doesnt give a shit about animal rights. watch it it hought it was kinda funny and sad at the same time.

EDIT: i'm pretty sure it would cost more too. it's hopeless though.. all the celebrities are for it. Just cuz theyre rich and can afford expensive meat.. i dont wanna pay more for meat. i'd support abusers and any day if it were cheaper.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Oct 19, 2008,
That proposition is very limited in scope though.

It's only about cages for some animals raised as food.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Honestly if PETA are for it I'm against it by default. Those people are beyond stupid.

By giving animals rights you would have them act like it too. Should we have a supreme court for chickens? Send them in jail if they do something wrong? The right to go to school for pigs?

(As some of you are guessing I saw an episode on it on Bullshit! yesterday).
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i think they deserve some rights, like the right to bear arms
not free speech(my neighbors dog barks to much)
they should be allowed to be tested on, its better than testing on humans
mokeys should be given no rights
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Well, they shouldn't be tortured and kept in tiny little boxes and stuff, but I like my beef and chicken. I'm fine with it as long as its not going to drastically raise food prices.
kill all humans
No. I would say it in my own words, but the Ayn Rand institute has described it pretty damn well in my opinion :

" Animals do not survive by rational thought (nor by sign languages allegedly taught to them by psychologists). They survive through inborn reflexes and sensory-perceptual association. They cannot reason. They cannot learn a code of ethics. A lion is not immoral for eating a zebra (or even for attacking a man). Predation is their natural and only means of survival; they do not have the capacity to learn any other.

Only man has the power to deal with other members of his own species by voluntary means: rational persuasion and a code of morality rather than physical force. To claim that man's use of animals is immoral is to claim that we have no right to our own lives and that we must sacrifice our welfare for the sake of creatures who cannot think or grasp the concept of morality. It is to elevate amoral animals to a moral level higher than ourselves--a flagrant contradiction. Of course, it is proper not to cause animals gratuitous suffering. But this is not the same as inventing a bill of rights for them--at our expense.

The granting of fictional rights to animals is not an innocent error. We do not have to speculate about the motive, because the animal "rights" advocates have revealed it quite openly. Again from PETA: "Mankind is the biggest blight on the face of the earth"; "I do not believe that a human being has a right to life"; "I would rather have medical experiments done on our children than on animals." These self-styled lovers of life do not love animals; rather, they hate men.

The animal "rights" terrorists are like the Unabomber and Oklahoma City bombers. They are not idealists seeking justice, but nihilists seeking destruction for the sake of destruction. They do not want to uplift mankind, to help him progress from the swamp to the stars. They want mankind's destruction; they want him not just to stay in the swamp but to disappear into its muck.

There is only one proper answer to such people: to declare proudly and defiantly, in the name of morality, a man's right to his life, his liberty, and the pursuit of his own happiness."

EDIT: and i refuse to vote in your pole. The two options are stupid. I don't think animals need rights, but it is uneccesary to "F*uck them"
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.
SHould animals be mistreated? No. Do I support PETA and anything they propose? No.
Definitely. All life deserves rights.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Jsut because they can't communicate with us (For the most part), doesn't mean they aren't sentient beings with emotions.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Last edited by Ichimaru at Oct 19, 2008,
Quote by GmacD
mokeys should be given no rights

Racist.

Quote by Kensai
Honestly if PETA are for it I'm against it by default. Those people are beyond stupid.

I agree wholeheartedly.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
worst poll options... ever.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
No. Animals shouldn't be given rights, because they're incapable of living up to the responsibilities that inevitably come with those rights.

And the poll options are completely idiotic.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Shouldn't treat them bad but under no circumstance should their life ever be put before a human life. They can't understand right and wrong and laws. If they can't follow our laws then they can't have rights.
The day my dog can call the ACLU on me for not walking him, maybe I'll consider granting animals rights.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Animals are People too!

Quote by PureRockNRoll
Shouldn't treat them bad but under no circumstance should their life ever be put before a human life. They can't understand right and wrong and laws. If they can't follow our laws then they can't have rights.

It's not like you're going to find a bear robbing a Subway.

Oh wait...
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'm sure animal exsitance is far beyond just instincts and reflexes. Take dogs for example. They have emotions. They have the ability to learn. They also have a great memory. They also have basic reasoning and problem solving abilities.

Surely, animals should never be mistreated, but never should be given 'rights' as we understand it.
No, but we should try to prevent the mistreatment of animals.

And the treatment in that video is sick and disgusting, those workers should be fired and even brought up on animal cruelty charges.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
No animals should not be given rights. We should treat them well but we shouldn't give them rights.

Anyone who advocates giving animals rights should submit themselves for medical testing, otherwise they are nothing more than an evil hypocrite.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Those pigs should take the ****s down and shit all in their face then suffocate the ****s

That is absolutley ****ing disgusting. I wanna go cut one off that bastards arms off without painkillers and see how he likes it
Last edited by sam b at Oct 19, 2008,
Quote by sam b
Those pigs should take the ****s down and shit all in their face then suffocate the ****s

I didn't get a word of that.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
I didn't get a word of that.

i concur.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Animals should be treated humanely but not as equals. They shouldn't be tortured and bred to kill, but there are humane ways to get meat. That's my opinion, also, the poll options are shitty.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
The pigs.. In the video... getting beaten for no reason.. take the ****s down who are kicking them...... shit in their face and suffocate them.... then suddenly have the power to grip a saw and chop the guys arms off...

GEDDIT NAO?

jeez, wake up
Quote by sam b
you ****ing heard

That video got me pissed off

EDIT: @ CTFOD

Video?
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by sam b
The pigs.. In the video... getting beaten for no reason.. take the ****s down who are kicking them...... shit in their face and suffocate them.... then suddenly have the power to grip a saw and chop the guys arms off...

GEDDIT NAO?

jeez, wake up

There, there. Settle down now. Breathe. In goes the good air, out comes the bad air, etc.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Kensai

By giving animals rights you would have them act like it too. Should we have a supreme court for chickens? Send them in jail if they do something wrong? The right to go to school for pigs?

(As some of you are guessing I saw an episode on it on Bullshit! yesterday).

I saw that too, yesterday.

Even though I'm Vegan PETA is full of shit.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by GmacD

they should be allowed to be tested on, its better than testing on humans

Have you volunteered to be tested on?
No.

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU EVIL HYPOCRITE

How could you possibly think that human testing is better. We sometimes have to kill the animals. I'm doing psychology, some of our studies involve taking out a part of an animals brain to see what happens. Would you suggest we do that to a person? Would you want it done to you?
Didn't think so.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by sam b
Did you not read the TS's post?

I did, I just didn't watch the video and it slipped from my mind.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Well watch it, then if you're not as pissed off as I am.....

I dont know

AAAAAAARGH

When he cut the piglets tail off just there and then, I swear.. What a ****ing shit
Quote by sam b
Well watch it, then if you're not as pissed off as I am.....

I dont know

AAAAAAARGH

When he cut the piglets tail off just there and then, I swear.. What a ****ing shit

Okay, I just watched it, but I couldn't watch it the whole way through, that's pretty ****ing sickening.

Especially when he smashes the piglets into the floor
Quote by duncang

at his command
Isn't "animal rights" just a way of saying "not being unreasonably cruel?"

I would rename it "people civility responsibiliy"

Ah -- neither of those are easy to say now are they.

Animal rights is just a tag line for human's responsibility to be civil. While animals may not function on our level many (especially of the kind being mentioned) do understand pain and sadness. As such we have a responsibility to not propogate it.

So I'm not for "Animal Rights." I'm for "Human Responsibility."
"Is that the fucking bible?"

"That's Holy Fucking Bible to you"
Quote by Athetosis
Racist.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote by Wigert
I saw that too, yesterday.

Even though I'm Vegan PETA is full of shit.

Nice to see some people that don't automatically support PETA because they're vegan/vegetarian.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think things like cows and chicken are always going to be meat, thats never going to change but like lamb and stuff

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Page 1 of 4