So here's my situation. I am trying to print a guitar template, its .dwg btw. anyways if i try to print it full scale (1:1) it will onlly print part of it, since i have a normal sized printer at home. Is there anyway i can print this file full scale, with multiple pages, either using autocad or a different program? thanks.

^summary^ i need to print a multiple page file either using autocad or a diff program. how do i do that?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
scissors and glue sticks

since that will work

i cant just print each part out, as i cant get it to print more than one section since it doesnt fit
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
make pdf files of all the different sections then print them out?
Yeah, scale the entire template so that it'll fit in an 8" by 11" inch space. Then it should print out fine. I can't remember how exactly to fit it to a sheet of paper, but that's one method i used to use.
^ I need it FULL scale, not scale to fit^
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by Skierinanutshel
scissors and glue sticks would work...... can you export it to MS paint, print off different sections, allowing for overlap, then cut and glue the sections together?

yes and no, yes i can do that,. but it wont be to scale, so its pointless

EDIT: oops sorry double posted.
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
You can make a custom titleblock and change the layout of the template to fit the size of the paper cuz regular .idm's are made for like 40x42 or somhing like that
My Insonia problem has led me to the conclusion that my front lawns sprinklers do indeed come on at 2 AM. I now find timers very trustworthy objects

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
itsa bunny
Quote by saucy3643
You can make a custom titleblock and change the layout of the template to fit the size of the paper cuz regular .idm's are made for like 40x42 or somhing like that

DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND? I DO NOT WANT IT ON A SINGLE SHEET OF PAPER> I WANT IT FULL SCALE (AUCTAL SIZE)

/end rant

sorry bad day
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
and it wont be to full-scale if you export the entire file to a simple picture editing software? in my experience it does. then, crop the sections so they fit on a standard paper size, then repeat the cropping process for the next section, and repeat until finished. and allow for overlap.
sry, i misread
My Insonia problem has led me to the conclusion that my front lawns sprinklers do indeed come on at 2 AM. I now find timers very trustworthy objects

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
itsa bunny
Quote by metalwarrior40
DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND? I DO NOT WANT IT ON A SINGLE SHEET OF PAPER> I WANT IT FULL SCALE (AUCTAL SIZE)

/end rant

sorry bad day

Yeah, sorry, I guess. Go to Kinkos. They'll print it full scale.
you could export from autocad to Photoshop (if you can export curves perhaps?) then in photoshop slice the image up into the required bit's (i.e. when you slice it and you see the blue lines, make sure each one will fit full size on A4 or what ever your printing onto) once youve sliced the image, select and export each section to it's own file and then print out each picture and finally glue together when printed.

There are probably easy way's, but im too tired to google
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
view>viewports>1 viewport and click and drag a square onto where you want it on your paper

i'm actually in a 3 hour drafting class this year

EDIT:

the red line is where you click and drag it
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Last edited by MetalMegaMan at Oct 19, 2008,