I have a cable that goes from the output jack of my amp to the mic input on my comp. If i wanted to record could i just connect them? Im just afraid of plugging the output jack of my amp to my computer and having my tubes go *pop*. Any help or suggestions is much appreciated!

Thanks, Tyler
DI box should go between the amp and computer if you're going direct but...... is that output jack you speak of the speaker output or a seperate output jack?
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Use the line-out to your line-in (blue port) on your computer. It's meant for that purpose. And the main concern shouldn't be the tubes...it'll be the computer that goes frizz if you plug the speaker out...
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101