Alright, so I've got me a Gibson SG, and I love the hell out of it.

Thing is, I miss the bluesy tones I could get out of my old strat copies.

(I don't want a new amp, I played my strat copies through this amp and they sound bluesy, I play my SG through it, and it isn't so bluesy.)

So, can you guys recommend a good blues humbucker, if there is one? (For t3h neckz, please.)

Thanks UG!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Alnico II Pro or Jazz would be good for blues. also, look into phat cats. they're humbucker sized p90s.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Thanks!

So, a '59 SH-1 in the neck should fit my playing needs?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
^yes and yes. i plan on puttin a pearly gates in my neck position on my SG, and both are basically PAF copies, great bluesy tone. also, whats the bridge pup? 490 or 498?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
DiMarzio Eric Johnson humbucker, maybe?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Øttər
Alright, so I've got me a Gibson SG, and I love the hell out of it.

Thing is, I miss the bluesy tones I could get out of my old strat copies.

(I don't want a new amp, I played my strat copies through this amp and they sound bluesy, I play my SG through it, and it isn't so bluesy.)

So, can you guys recommend a good blues humbucker, if there is one? (For t3h neckz, please.)

Thanks UG!
SD Stag Mag? split them to get a sound similar to a strat. arrange them so you're using north coil from one, and south from the other when split and those are the "inner" coils. that way the spacing will be somewhat similar to a strat. a little wider, but the best you can do.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I never thought about coil splitting/tapping.

I don't know about the current pickup though. It's a Gibson SG Standard.

Should I look into splitting/tapping first? What is the difference?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Perhaps the p-rails? humbucker, strat and p-90 tones...

Splitting is where one coil is used. Tapping is where only a certain amount of the coil is used.
^Tapping is also only used on single coils. It's more accurate to say it uses less/all of the windings of the coil.

As for pickups, it depends on what kind of "bluesy". A set of Pearly Gates for would be great for ZZ Top blues rock. If you want cleaner blues, a set of '59's would be good.
If you really want that midrange honk, I would grab a set of Silverbacks from CorduroyEW, man. I've got my heart set on a pair of those.
Well, anything from S.R.V. to Eric Clapton, to Jimi Hendrix is what I'm looking.

So, if you can make recommendations based on that style of music, a Vox AD30VT amp, and a Gibson SG Standard.

Also a boss DS-1 and an MXR Zakk Wylde distortion pedal, and a Crybaby. Which I plan to mod .

Thanks again for all you help!

And for the coil split, I would use the 4 wire pickup and wire it to a push/pull pot somehow, right? Help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo