Howdy, I'm looking into putting a trem on my Epi LP. I was wondering what would work best. I like the looks of the bigsby, but I've heard mixed reviews of them. I'm not dumb enough to be thinking of doing this on my own, so I figured I would ask around here. I'm not dead set on this, but I like the way the trem works on my old Kawai jazz guitar (the only problem with that one is that I don't like taking it to gigs).
With the neck angle of a Les Paul, bigsby is probably your best bet. I've heard of people putting Kahlers or Floyds on them, but I think you might have to do more modification.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
the kahler 2200 series is good for the LP cause it just slides on the poles for the current bridge.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
I personally think tremelo bridges are very ugly on LPs; it just doesn't look right to me. But Bigsbys are good on LPs.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Bigsby and stetsbar. but personally, trems on a les paul look aweful, imo.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I don't think looks matter in this situation. Putting a tremolo on a Les Paul definitely has a practical use.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I think Bigsbys looks classy as hell on Les Pauls
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
+1 to Bigsby. They look good, and you won't have to mangle your ax to get it to work.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer