Hey guys, so i'm the leader in my band. We play punk and stuff like that yada yada yada. Anyways, we've been around for almost 2 years, and never liked our drummer but couldn't find anyone better. With a certain change in events, a really amazing drummer left his band and now plays with us. This has been going on for about 3 weeks and our soon to be old drummer has no clue.

I go to school with the drummer and don't want to totally crush him because he's not that mean of a kid, just really weird. lol. the other problem is that he keeps his set at my house (probably the reason he sucks)

we've told him to practice for months leading up to this, but never has, so it's time for him to go.

any advice on how i should do this?

thanks
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
with your foot

seriously though, you know what you have to do, we can't do it for you.
if you dont want to tell him hes out of the band, simply tell him theres a gig in a nuclear testing site.
Have a drum off and let him kick himself out when he fails epically.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Tell him he needed to practice and hasn't, and enough is enough. It's time for you to leave, goodbye, get your drums out of my house by Friday, etc.
Do what you gotta do.
i just had to do this with my drummer, tell him its nothing personal but you think its just not working out.
Quote by the_baker
tell him to pack his shit and get the **** out
simple as that

This Works
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Have a drum off and let him kick himself out when he fails epically.

This Also works
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
Yeah, just give it to him straight. I had to do that with my bass player. He sucked really bad and he was only in the band cuz we were friends. After two practices, I told him "Dude, you're cool and all, but you suck on bass and we need someone better". It works.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Unlock the padlock keeping him chained to the floor of your rehearsal room.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
you got to speak up, tell him that for failing to improve that you are kicking him out.
My band just said "You're a fantastic guitarist Luke, but at the end of the day, you won't play metal, so GTFO!"

Damn, that was one awful practice, even worse, they act like i never exist now

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Last edited by TheFly_1990 at Oct 19, 2008,
have a drum battle to the death, that way when he obviously looses he'll be dead and u wont need to deal with him,
theres a crappy drummer in my band to, but we have no one else to play drums, BUT unlike your crappy drummer my crappy drummer practices
so no need to kill him yet
MY GEAR

dean metalman bass
epiphone sg
squier infinity series telecaster
fender 15 watt bass amp
boss ds 1 distortion pedal
dean 6 string cutaway acoustic
zakk wylde signature crybaby
Quote by telecasterguy95
have a drum battle to the death, that way when he obviously looses he'll be dead and u wont need to deal with him,
theres a crappy drummer in my band to, but we have no one else to play drums, BUT unlike your crappy drummer my crappy drummer practices
so no need to kill him yet

yea at least your drummer is practicing.

the kid that i'm gonna kick out was good for when we were just starting, we were all kinda new at our instruments and all, but now we've all progressed from beginner to respectable intermediate and he's even worse than he started.

and to the other guy: yes, we played one gig, it went horribly, but still fun... it was in a garage of another band when we only played covers.. haha
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX