Christmas is soon and I'm tired of having a toy-like solid state 30w . So I want something with a tube in, something a bit more grown up if you know what I mean? I know £250 is a bit low, but its all I can stretch to cause Im not working yet (I want to but I'm too young. stupid laws. ) Anyway, needs to be fairly versatile, i play blues, punk, and some random rock kinda stuff. Foot switch would be nice, I do a fair amount of channel changing :P. Be really cool if you could recommend some, I try myself but the music shops near by don't like 14 year olds playing on their amps .

(Amp and heads count aswell as combos )

(Oh and needs to be quite loud, but the place I should be gigging has a big mixer thing to plug into so it doesn't matter too much)

Thanks guys. I appreciate it .
gg&a is where this hould be but look at epi vj and blackheart amps and crate v series. crate is the only thing ur gonna find with more then one channel
edit: oh ur in the uk so i have no clue on there pricing
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
laney lc 15r or vc 15 depending on the tone you want. I've got the lcr and it's awesome, great reverb on it as well, but it doesn't have seperate channels, which won't matter if u use pedals anyway. Highly recommended for tht price, probably get it for under £200

Its also damn loud and very pub gigable, moreso with speakers.
Last edited by philm87 at Oct 19, 2008,
Quote by philm87
laney lc 15r or vc 15 depending on the tone you want. I've got the lcr and it's awesome, great reverb on it as well, but it doesn't have seperate channels, which won't matter if u use pedals anyway. Highly recommended for tht price, probably get it for under £200

Its also damn loud and very pub gigable, moreso with speakers.

+1

Look at Laney's, VC15 or VC30. Great for what you play, and if you need more distortion, kick an OD pedal in front.
^ pretty nice, but i'd have thought it's more for home practice than gigging (if that's the 5 watt one you're talking about).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ pretty nice, but i'd have thought it's more for home practice than gigging (if that's the 5 watt one you're talking about).

No, he is talking about the 15w one, the vibrochamp is the 5w.
ah, i always get them mixed up.

i think i've only tried the 5 watter, so i'm not sure how loud the 15 could get.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
VC15 is a great amp with a tube change (stock TADs are horrible), and possibly a speaker change.

I employ mine with an OD (Marshall Jackhammer), and intend on getting a Fuzz Factory, and later on maybe a Box of Metal, to complete my tonal palette.
Clean channel is great, but I get my cleans on my drive channel with preamp drive low, power amp drive high. Great clean tone.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO