Is a fulltime student under 18 supposed to be having taxes taken out on each paycheck

This is in America - Charlotte North Carolina, to be exact.

Are they supposed to be taking my monies or what?
hey man im in charlotte to
and yeah they should
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Bet you wish you were in Britain eh? My mate worked and earned about £4000 over the summer, and he didn't get taxed a penny!
you can get all that money back when you file for taxes in the spring
The Conservative youth of America!
Not sure about the US but in the UK you can get a P46 form from you employer to make you tax-exempt if you're under 18. Do some research, see if there's something like that where you live
ohai little sig.
Of course.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Mr. B
no. but the government have been illegally stealing money from us for years, theyre not gonna stop now.

Taxes = stealing money?

Yeah, i'm sure you'd think that if you had to live without public schools, fire fighters, police, roads, etc..
Quote by Spamwise
Taxes = stealing money?

Yeah, i'm sure you'd think that if you had to live without public schools, fire fighters, police, roads, etc..

Not to turn this into a political debate, but half of our tax dollars are wasted by the government on useless bullshit anyway, so I see his point.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Not to turn this into a political debate, but half of our tax dollars are wasted by the government on useless bullshit anyway, so I see his point.

Sure, but they're still necessary.
Quote by gnomieowns
Taxman? you deserve an e-cookie.

holy crap thats the best looking e-cookie I think I've ever seen.
Quote by al112987
holy crap thats the best looking e-cookie I think I've ever seen.

...It's chips are erect... is it horny?
no I'm serious I bet that shit tasted so good right out of the oven.

My recently moved out roommate used to be really into baking cookies, and jesus christ they were good.
Quote by gallagher2006
Bet you wish you were in Britain eh? My mate worked and earned about £4000 over the summer, and he didn't get taxed a penny!

Well I dont know about in the UK, but in Australia if you dont earn over a certain amount of money in a year ($15000 I think) you dont go into the first tax bracket and they cant tax your income. And I'm pretty sure 4000 GBP is below the first tax bracket in UK.

So TS if it works the same in the US then you should as long as you're earning over a certain amount.
yes.

although it is so unfair.

get used to it.
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
Quote by guy_tebache
Well I dont know about in the UK, but in Australia if you dont earn over a certain amount of money in a year ($15000 I think) you dont go into the first tax bracket and they cant tax your income. And I'm pretty sure 4000 GBP is below the first tax bracket in UK.

So TS if it works the same in the US then you should as long as you're earning over a certain amount.

They take it out of your paycheck, but if you make less than like 5 or 6 thousand dollars, you get all back when you file your return.

To TS,
If you get a paycheck, you get taxed. End of story. Don't like it? Find someone to pay you under the table in cash.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
They take it out of your paycheck, but if you make less than like 5 or 6 thousand dollars, you get all back when you file your return.

Wait. Are we talking about America now? ****ing yes! Can't wait!
i dont know exactly how it works but when i was 17 i worked for the sumer at an accounting firm and i was told that they werent deducting taxes because i was a full-time student. this is in manhattan new york.
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

there are three guaranteed things in life
Death
Taxes
AND THE F*CKING RED SOX LOSING TO TAMPA BAY WOOT WOOT F*CK YOU BOSTON AND YOUR RED SOX
I'm a lifeguard here in Nevada and uh yep I'm taxed when I get my paycheck.

So you're not alone
Quote by primusfan
if she's squatting over you it greatly increases the risk of breaking your dick in case it comes out. but that shouldn't be a problem for UGers because they all have 8" penises.
Yup get used to it. Roughly 17-20% of your earnings. If you think it sucks now imagine when you get a career and see what they start taking out.
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

"It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors." - Oscar Wilde

OK here's a correct answer for you.

Yes, they will likely be taking an amount for federal income tax. They will definitely be taking 7.65% for social security, medicare, and medicaid. Depending on your income, your status (dependent), and other factors, you will likely get all of the portion they may have taken strictly for income tax back as a refund when you file your 2008 income tax return.

The amount that your employer withholds to pay to the government each quarter depends on how YOU fill out your own W4 when you get hired.

And also, I'm in Tennessee so I'm not sure if you have a state income tax. I'm speaking completely about federal taxes only.
Quote by SenseS FaiL
Death
Taxes
AND THE F*CKING RED SOX LOSING TO TAMPA BAY WOOT WOOT F*CK YOU BOSTON AND YOUR RED SOX

Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Income tax returns - learn it.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by texico11
Just don't walk down the street, cos that's taxable aswell.
or turn up the heat.

Harrison was by far the best Beatle.

Its a shame he was in Lennon and McCartneys shadow. If they had listened to his ideas for songs the Beatles might not have ever broken up.
Quote by gallagher2006

*looks at your gasoline price rate*

Uh huh...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
*looks at your gasoline price rate*

Uh huh...

mate you just got torched.

bet u wish you paid your taxes so ud get the service of our friendly firemen
My Gear:

+ Ibanez Prestige S2170-FW
+ Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
+ 1976 Guild S300-D
+ Peavey Roadking 212
+ Dimebag DB01 Crybaby From Hell
+ Boss HM-2 & DM-2
+ My Fingers Of Fury!
Quote by STPilots17
Yup get used to it. Roughly 17-20% of your earnings. If you think it sucks now imagine when you get a career and see what they start taking out.

It's just started happening to me and now I want to c0ck someone in the face.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Depends how much you earn doesn't it?
Here in Aus we only start getting taxed when we earn more than $6000 a year, so I need to find a job that is very close to that but still under so I can fight the power and what-not.
NO. You are under 18.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by SenseS FaiL
Death
Taxes

Hell yeah!
Doesn't matter either way, I know nothing about baseball, but the Sox scare me more as a Philly fan.
The problem isn't taxes, it's taxing people that can't vote...one of the main fights this country was founded for
Check out my latest recording on my profile