This was my first guitar and I bought it from my cousin with a Peavey Rage .158 for about 200 bucks with a hardshell case. I didn't think much of it when I got my Epiphone SG, but I've always loved the neck of it, and it already had straplocks.

This is the same model as what it used to look like, pretty much exact.

So recently my dad and I decided to customize it.

First thing was to strip the paint. I sanded it down to the wood to discover that it was maple and a different kind of wood. I'm not sure what the other kind is, but in my opinion it looks kind of cool having the two different shades.

The second thing was to make the acrylic pickguard. After one semi-successful attempt, we decided to order one online.

The third thing done was the colour. Originally I wanted a green stain on the wood, but we decided a natural maple stain would be nicer. It really brought out the grain, and after glossing it, it looks sexy.

The fourth was new tuners. We ordered a set of Deluxe Wilkinson tuners from guitar fetish and put them on. We then corrected the bridge (which was missing a screw on one of the saddles). Stays in tune like a dream now.

Next was pickups. We used the neck pickup from before as it was the only decent one left (the other two were pronounced dead). The middle position is A DiMarzio V.V. solo P RO strat pickup and the bridge is a Seymour Duncan JB.

Last was wiring. I purchased a new switch (with a black knob) and 3 new pots. One was a push pull and 2 were 500K and 250K. The JB was coil split, it sounds fantastic.

So here are the pictures I'm sure people are looking for by now.

Enjoy, I know I do.

Post away!

PS. I apologize for the ginormous pics.
Last edited by Sticky Tissues at Oct 19, 2008,
The Ginormous Pictures make it all the better on this monitor,

I love that, some reworking you've done there, thats an achievement if you ask me, i think the contrast between woods adds character, i hope it sounds as unique as it looks friend

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
This is one of the nicest strat's ive seen, im not usaully a fan of them, becuase to be honest, they do look pretty boring. but this one look's awesome, i really like the pick-guard, and that wood look's awesome, sound clips?
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Daniel8488
This is one of the nicest strat's ive seen, im not usaully a fan of them, becuase to be honest, they do look pretty boring. but this one look's awesome, i really like the pick-guard, and that wood look's awesome, sound clips?

Thanks a lot. Hopefully I can get some clips up soon.
dam thts nice!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Amazing axe! But is it just me or does the height adjustment screw on the low E look like it needs to be made level with the other one? It looks like it's making t-he saddle tilt.

Another awesome thing: That guitar is teh n00ds! I LOVE IT!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Nice man. If you check out my build, I just finished the arm contour, and the wood is doing the same thing as on that guitar. Looks sweet!
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

does anyone know how that two tone was done? or was it just the type of wood?
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
Quote by joshua.mcdonald
does anyone know how that two tone was done? or was it just the type of wood?

Read the first post. It's made from two different woods.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
WOW! That is absolutely fantastic! You've done a great job, and the wood on the body looks fantastic now.

I wanted to ask, was there space for the humbucker, or did you have to do some carpentry to fit it in?

I have a somewhat beaten up old Predator myself. I always admired the feel of the neck on what is effectively an entry level guitar. I'm really itching to modify mine now - I think I want to keep the slightly chipped black paint on the body, but clean the guitar up, replace the tuners, pickups, scratchplate and electrics. Do you think it would be possible (and is it worth doing) to fit a Wilkinson bridge / tremolo? I may need to call on your expertise at some point...
Last edited by Ch0yc3 at Oct 20, 2008,
lol, i bought a peavey patriot and a rage158 from MY cousin for $100!!!!

but on a serious note, that has to be the nicest raptor i have ever seen

Great Job!
OMFG i came.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Infact, you inspired me, an hour ago i took apart my old peavey, sanding it down, et cetera

ill have to show you all when its done