http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Stratocaster-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=511276

im looking for a cheap strat, doesnt have to be the best. but, the price is nice on this one, i see that it has a solid alder body. other than crappy hardware/pickups, is there a reason i should steer clear of this? whats your take on it?
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
a rosewood fingerboard feels much nicer to me, at least on the only two squiers i have ever tried. (one was maple, one was rosewood)
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Well, besides the electronics and hardware, unless you get lucky and find a good one Squiers tend not to have the best workmanship. The necks aren't going to feel the best and the body is going to be composite Alder(meaning it's bits and pieces of various bits of alder), and all that glue is going to steal tone.

Also, again going to the shoddy workmanship, it's going to get messed up easily. The neck will warp, the body will start cracking, and probably the worst is it won't stay in tune. This can be fixed with some new tuners, but I really think companies should spend the extra money to get a cheap guitar to stay in tune rather than look good with a burst finish.

Edit; also, same question as UsedIllusions.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
why buy an affinity strat? save up for a MIM fender or a classic vibe/ vintage modified squier.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
why buy an affinity strat? save up for a MIM fender or a classic vibe/ vintage modified squier.

ive heard great things about the classic vibe series. but TS you can find a MIM for 200 used.
I wouldn't get it, the pickups are REALLY shitty. But on my squier Strat (it's not too different) that's the only major criticism I have. I like the neck, it's slimmer/faster than I expected.
ok, thanks for the insight. ill stay away from it. ill try to find a used MIM or, atleast a new one.

i never heard of the composite alder before. sounds like a marketing gimmick

thanks guys!
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
look into the Classic Vibe or Vintage modified squiers. they're better than most squiers.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
look into some of the guitars on rondo music for a cheap strat
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube