get vocals, unfotunately instrumental music will never be accepted by mainstream media and you wont go anywhere
Its not about getting places, its about making music you like.

Honestly, it sounded like every other instrumental song i've ever heard. If you can make it different, then awesome. The guitar solo a like a minute into it is awesome though
Ill accept the criticism, Spoon i think i get your point, but maybe it just takes more than one listen to get the whole track and im really proud of it BTW. As for the vocals, i dont feel we need it right now, but im definetly not going to get one just to seek some airplay on my locar radio or whatever, im 16 years old and i still dont make music for a living, so making money from our music is not a priority, and it will never be, i hope.
I enjoyed your song, but im just saying, almost every instrumental song i've listened to has been like that.
Dude, don't listen to Spoon. Anybody who claims all instrumental music sounds alike clearly doesn't listen to a lot of music. Don't worry, he'll get his comeuppance after Beethoven consumes his soul in the fiery pits of Hell. Maybe then he'll realize Bach, Paganini, Ellington, EITS, and Satriani don't sound a damn bit alike.

First off, it's way better than most of what gets posted on here. With that out of the way.

The mix sounded very professional, if a bit too 80s metal for my tastes.

The rhythm guitar was at times interesting (from about 3:00 to 4:00 particularly), and at times rather dull (the beginning).

The bass sounded like it fit within what was being done and added to it at the times that it was audible.

The lead solos sound like pretty standard metal guitar solos, nothing too unique. I hate long guitar solos (way too common in today's music although it's not as bad as it was in the 70s and 80s). I much preferred the leads when they were being used as background melodies to supplement the rhythms.

The drumming bothered me the most. He refuses to get out of the basic rock beat (kick on 1 and 3, snare on 2 and 4), even when it's clear the rhythm of the song in no way relates to a standard rock beat.

The structure is very aimless. It sounds like you've got some good riffs, and some not so good riffs, but a lot of the times they don't flow into one another. With instrumental music, you've often got to figure out a way to replace the singer, and find something else to drive the song forward. Most guitar solos don't drive the song forward, they're designed to fit within a song that's already been driven forward by the vocals and the melody, generally to break up the movement of the song slightly to prevent it from sounding monotonous, so with instrumental music that heavily depends on solos, you really have to get outside the mold of your usual rock/metal solos for the song to work.
Quote by FlyingBeerman
Dude, don't listen to Spoon. Anybody who claims all instrumental music sounds alike clearly doesn't listen to a lot of music.

You're half right about one thing, i dont listen to INSTRUMENTAL music that often. So maybe thats why.
Quote by noleafclover27
get vocals, unfotunately instrumental music will never be accepted by mainstream media and you wont go anywhere

Not everyone wants mainstream success. In fact I myself never want that. I want to make music that I can express myself and my bandmates and make enough to sustain a living.
Dont go looking for granduer, or you may end up liek Axl Rose(not in the good way) and dont get in over your head(and pull a kurt cobain)

And I like your style of music, Dream Theater is one of my favorites as well.
Beware : I am honest, but not brutal
Made some production adjustments, for the ones who haven't heard it yet, check the myspace out! You can also hear it in my profile.