Ok, so I used to race BMX but I quit two years ago. For the past 2 and a half years, I've been smoking quit heavily (almost a pack a day).

So yesterday I decided to go down to my BMX track, the one that I helped to build.

Anyway, I did one lap, full-speed, to warm up like I used to and I was fu*ked by the end. One of my best laps at that track would be 41-42sec. On my second lap, I got half-way around and practically collapsed.

I used to be quite good at BMX, my best ranking was 5th in my state, two years ago.

So, should I quit smoking and get back into BMX?
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Do you really need an answer?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
yes
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Like most others will say, yes, mostly because it's affecting your performance in something you love.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
how about you just quit smoking? BMX isn't the only practical thing in life able to benefit from a good pair of lungs.
I'm actually really seeking an answer from a smoker.

Not 15 year old pit-monkeys who've never smoked in their lives.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

quit. It's just gonna kill you sooner.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You don't need to quit you just can't smoke that much. And it was also so hard because you are out of shape, so you need to get back in shape, although it takes much longer when your lungs are fcuked from smoking (I know).
yes. smoking=turn off
smoking=sooner death
smoking= wheezing
smoking=fail
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ah, so you like smoking?

Good excuse for ****ing up your lungs, best excuse I've ever heard.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by emery01
Ok, so I used to race BMX but I quit two years ago. For the past 2 and a half years, I've been smoking quit heavily (almost a pack a day).

So yesterday I decided to go down to my BMX track, the one that I helped to build.

Anyway, I did one lap, full-speed, to warm up like I used to and I was fu*ked by the end. One of my best laps at that track would be 41-42sec. On my second lap, I got half-way around and practically collapsed.

I used to be quite good at BMX, my best ranking was 5th in my state, two years ago.

So, should I quit smoking and get back into BMX?

Quit smoking cigarettes.. and DO get back to BMX. Dun't quite get why you'd quit in the first place!
You should quit smoking regardless of whether or not you get back into BMX. There are absolutely zero advantages to smoking cigarettes. This is the definitive answer.

I'm 25. I smoked for about 7 years. Quit. You won't be sorry.

*closed*