would using and implementing major scale licks into blues give it a closer relation to jazz? basically im asking what popular scales are used in jazz that make it sound jazzy (the most popular)? Is working in the major a small step?
the first step is knowing that there is no magic 'jazz scale'. Learn the major scale all over the fretboard, and the theory behind it. Then learn the modes of the major scale.

It is true however, that for a jazz type 12 bar blues, players may use a combination of major, mixolydian, minor, dorian, pentatonic, and harmonic minor.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
i don't know much at all about jazz, but major scale should be used in a lot of situations in the blues anyways, by switching between the two scales it creates a sort of tension-release effect

so my answer is probably not, but then again, that might be why I suck so hard
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by aetherspear
the first step is knowing that there is no magic 'jazz scale'. Learn the major scale all over the fretboard, and the theory behind it. Then learn the modes of the major scale.

It is true however, that for a jazz type 12 bar blues, players may use a combination of major, mixolydian, minor, dorian, pentatonic, and harmonic minor.

The closest to a magic jazz scale would be the be-bop scale, but that would get boring real fast without all the modes.

Are you getting ready for our jazz battle aether???
woah there, i suppose you could say that. But all the bebop scales are kind of pointless if you don't understand them and just learn a box on the fretboard. Who cares if you can play the bebop scale if a) you don't know where to use it and b) you don't know what scale its derived from (ie bebop dominant scale from mixolydian, bebop major from major/ionian).
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.