My band is lacking the dedication to play. We barely ever practice and when we do all they do is **** around. There's no work getting done. I'm so sick of working with these people. I've been searching for months for someone in the area to work with besides these guys but everyone is either into hardcore, or they won't give me the chance because I'm only 16. Can anybody offer me any advice on the subject?
tell them to smarten up or get the **** out
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
Write songs that make them want to play. Or just start a solo project. Make people come to you, not the other way around.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
well dude, put a knife to there throats and say if u guys dont have a decent riff or beat by tonite ima ****in kill u
MY GEAR

dean metalman bass
epiphone sg
squier infinity series telecaster
fender 15 watt bass amp
boss ds 1 distortion pedal
dean 6 string cutaway acoustic
zakk wylde signature crybaby
im in the exact same predicament.
im just looking for other people to start a band with because we aint doing anything
tell them to f**k off, nothing ever tends to change in a situation like that
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
Quote by Rockstar112
My band is lacking the dedication to play. We barely ever practice and when we do all they do is **** around. There's no work getting done. I'm so sick of working with these people. I've been searching for months for someone in the area to work with besides these guys but everyone is either into hardcore, or they won't give me the chance because I'm only 16. Can anybody offer me any advice on the subject?

Welcome to band life!
Honestly sounds exactly like my band. Do you have all members? I found that my band would be more determined to play when we had a vocalist and therefore could do gigs and stuff
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
maybe their just not as interested as you are.

hate to say it, but unless the guy above me is right, and you dont have all members, then i think you should probably start looking for new peeps.

*Of course, you could always talk to them about it first*
i'm in the same predicament me and the vocalist want to get some work done but the others don't seem that enthusiastic and if i speak up they'll probs find another rythm guitarist cos i've only been playing for eight months and i'm not that great i can play the stuff they want me too i just don't know much
I was about to be in the same predicament, and was afraid that the band was going to fall apart - it was the result of two bad practices. After a band practice you should feel good and excited to be part of the band, but if it's crap you're more likely to pass it off.

I just wrote some new songs; rearranged some so people have even solo time, and asked them what they'd like to do with songs. Also complements on muscial ability go well - "that drum beat sounds really cool" or "those vocal lines really enhanced the songs"; everyone likes a complement.

The key is to re-invigorate their passion for the band - not to chase them around nagging - they're just looking for a reason to continue. Give them it!
just tell them to (is cursing aloud?? well idk) stop f(_)cking around or u will kick their a$$3$