I know that EMG's are generally better pickups, but are there any Seymour Duncan pickups that allow tapping? My stock pickups for my Dean Vendetta XM can't pick it up even at high distortion and volumes. Can you please name the tickets and the cost for one. I might only get one since I pretty much only use my bridge pickup.
It's possible that you're doing it wrong becuase I can tap unplugged on my acoustic.
Quote by tona_107
It's possible that you're doing it wrong becuase I can tap unplugged on my acoustic.

+1

pickups wont change anything if you dont do it well.
And EMG arnt really better pickups. There's no better pickups. Its all about your taste but some pickups are more popupar then others.
Quote by tona_107

+1

It's a technique issue.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Tiki Rock
I know that EMG's are generally better pickups, but are there any Seymour Duncan pickups that allow tapping? My stock pickups for my Dean Vendetta XM can't pick it up even at high distortion and volumes. Can you please name the tickets and the cost for one. I might only get one since I pretty much only use my bridge pickup.

Yeah, you really can't tap. Because not to brag, but i and most people i know can tap on just about any guitar, especially if its electric.
Up the Punx!
Quote by Tiki Rock

you can tap with any pick up.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I have no problem tapping with an electric guitar that isn't even plugged in, so the pups have nothing to do with the ability to produce tapping (pups aren't going to reveal something that isn't there to begin with). Also, EMGs are by no means generally better pups (they have their niche, but I'd say they are generally inferior over most good passives).