ok well here is my dilemma. xmas is coming soon and a new guitar is what im getting! sounds great i know but im totally undecided between two guitars right now. I play metal of the thrash, death, melodeath, metal-core stylings but also play a bit of everything and i have a penchant for 80's shred too (van halen, ratt etc.). so here are my two choices.

1 .http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-Custom-FR424CM-Electric-Guitar?sku=515347

now this kramer striker looks good but i havent heard to much about it. if anyone has any experience with it that would be great. i might be considering the hard tail version of it also but im undecided on that aspect.

and number 2.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-FX260-Spalted-Maple?sku=512886

i like the explorer shape and this guitar has some serious features for the price. any opinions are greatly appreciated!
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
how was this more interesting than the rest?
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
not the usual which ibanez thread i guess... fairly different guitars being compared... different price ranges... dont really here much about kramers these days.... etc
nah never been a schecter fan.. i like thin necks..
Quote by jordanzio
...also play a bit of everything and i have a penchant for 80's shred too (van halen, ratt etc.).!

Get a Cordoba or Martin and learn some Nick Drake, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Django Reihnhart, and Robert Johnson. Expand you musical horizons.
Dorkus.
kramer all the way, the ltd is made to visually impress assholes, the kramer is king.

not to mention, will you be happy with 22 frets? kramer has 24, ltd = 22.

and kramer stock pups i believe would be quite decent.
*Enter Sig Here*
i have a marshall mg100hdfx the half stack version.. nothin too special and i use a zoom g2.1u which i always run through first.
Quote by DespisedIcon
Ibanez RG321.

i have one of them

ive sanded the body to wood and replaced all electronics and given it a X2n and air norton combo.

i like it , i play it over a prestige i have, (although you can deff tell its a cheap guitar in the feel of it, compared to a 1800$+ guitar anyways)

its my $300 baby. (with 4 years of fret ware)

speaking, if your possibly swayed to get an ibanez, i wouldn't rule it out. there great guitars.
*Enter Sig Here*
I would get the FX-260.... though you can get the EX-260 for about 50 bucks less.... same thing.... just black

and as for the Kramer.....
it comes with a licensed Floyd....which tend to be more trouble than they are worth.... and I own an LTD and it is a very solid guitar.... which will suit your playings style.
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
i have owned ibanez and they are great but im tight on cash and i think i can get a lot more bang for my buck with these two... i have done a lot of research to narrow it down to these
ahk, well, i would go kramer, but ibanez's are aweosme :P

do you want the ltd because it has some overwhelming feature or because it looks good (or in my op. like shit)

kramer = simple and effective

and buckethead use to play one when he was like, 3 yo.
*Enter Sig Here*
hale 91: i like the look of explorers and it is mahogany with spalted maple top and features a coil tap so those are pretty good features for the price. i like the idea of the kramer but im weary of buying one since i have been told they arent what they used to be. not to mention i have a jackson professional xl that is fairly similar to the kramer already.... not to mention my main purpose for buying another guitar is for down tuning. in the case of the ltd i would keep it tuned down and my jackson in standard... otherwise i would tune my jackson down and leave the kramer in standard
well, you obv are swayed to the ltd, so get it, although, i think the kramer has coil tap as well, (AS said in one of thoes reviews??)

could always get a vanguard \M/ >.< \M/

or a baritone if its for lower tunings (that way you get the tuning, with out the sloppy strings, ore finger thick ones)
*Enter Sig Here*
Get the LTD.... it has a lot of decent features, and a set neck.... and you wont have to deal with a pesky licensed Floyd
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
i might consider a baritone.. but is it worth it for playing in c and d?
d standard is fine on reg guitar, C is the boarder i recon, usually there tuned to B or A# i think

(so like a 7 string, but with out the high E)
*Enter Sig Here*
ya see i cant see myself going any lower than c so im hesitant about the baritone.. plus ive never played one so i have no idea about the feel. whats it like playing lead on one of them?
also if you have any experience with kramer necks (since gibson took over) what are they like? i like thin necks ... thinner the better.
no...get a standard guitar....
it is much more versitale
Total Failure

yeah, you would want a standard, baritone have long necks.

no idea about kramer quality or playability, your gonna need to suss that out yaself, its all personal.

thin necks = ibanez though
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Shortcut
Get a Cordoba or Martin and learn some Nick Drake, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Django Reihnhart, and Robert Johnson. Expand you musical horizons.

Get an 8 string and learn some Whitechapel, Bring Me the Horizon, Meshuggah, and perhaps some Job For a Cowboy. Expand your musical horizons.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Quote by Shortcut

+1, Nothing like some Django jazz to brighten up the mood.
Quote by Hale_91
yeah, you would want a standard, baritone have long necks.

no idea about kramer quality or playability, your gonna need to suss that out yaself, its all personal.

thin necks = ibanez though

i actually find ibanez necks are over-rated for their necks. for example. my friend has the ibanez prestige.. not sure the model... its the mahogony one with the gibraltar bridge and the wizard 1 neck. and anyway my jacksons neck is easily as thin... might even be thinner. and my jackson didnt cost 1200..
Quote by jordanzio
i actually find ibanez necks are over-rated for their necks. for example. my friend has the ibanez prestige.. not sure the model... its the mahogony one with the gibraltar bridge and the wizard 1 neck. and anyway my jacksons neck is easily as thin... might even be thinner. and my jackson didnt cost 1200..

I don't know about that... Ibanez Wizard Is are 17mm thick, and the first run of them is known for warpage due to them being so thin. A cursory Google search reveals that even a Jackson Soloist neck is 20mm thick.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N