I need a distortion pedal that can nail Synyster Gates tone..

I was thinking the Boss Metalcore pedal would work well for his but need some opinions???
Quote by acdcrocks0323
It would probably work since it doesn't sound good.

I would rather have a Metal Muff though.

'reported'
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by acdcrocks0323
It would probably work since it doesn't sound good.

I would rather have a Metal Muff though.

due shut up a7x guitars sound awesome and acdc can suck my left nut all their stuff sounds the same
Quote by a7xisgod
due shut up a7x guitars sound awesome and acdc can suck my left nut all their stuff sounds the same

2 wrongs dont make a right.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by a7xisgod

Yeah, I'd like to see you sell 200 Million albums with a bunch of songs that all sound the same...
Although I dont really agree with the A7X guy, I dont really think album sales and music quality are directly proportional (usually..) imo

boy this got derailed fast
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by a7xisgod

Says the guy with the name
Avenged Sevenfolds tone is not horrible. The lead tone is a bit trebley but, its not horrible.

Don't get the Boss Metalzone. Try the Metal Muff
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"

'reported'

Yeah, I'd like to see you sell 200 Million albums with a bunch of songs that all sound the same...

Honestly, I hate these forums.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Really.
I personally think their tone is nothing special.
However, I really like AC/DC's tone. A lot of their songs do sound similar but the tone is godly. But whatever.
Metal muff is probably your best bet at that range. It is one of the only really decent distortion pedals that isn't botique.
i always thought the metal muffed sounded to fuzzy just me tho... id personally reccomend either a new amp a metal master with eq.. (it does me wonders)
A7X's tone is actually pretty good compared to what's been coming out a lot lately. They remember reading that they used Bogner Uberschalls a while ago, which are fantastic amps. If their music was good as their tone, they would have a pretty solid band.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
A7X's tone is actually pretty good compared to what's been coming out a lot lately. They remember reading that they used Bogner Uberschalls a while ago, which are fantastic amps. If their music was good as their tone, they would have a pretty solid band.

I totally agree, but then again, how can you sound bad with uberschalls and a decent producer?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I really want a sound like a7x but I have a line 6 spider III 15 watts and really i don't like the distortion too much .. so If i get a Metal muff it will sound like a7x or not exactly like this band but a sound of metal core or heavy like pantera, bfmv? I hope someone can tell me
Quote by gaboguti
I really want a sound like a7x but I have a line 6 spider III 15 watts and really i don't like the distortion too much .. so If i get a Metal muff it will sound like a7x or not exactly like this band but a sound of metal core or heavy like pantera, bfmv? I hope someone can tell me

A fuzz/od/distortion through solid state sounds like shit. My muff doesn't sound a lot better through my Line 6 six than its normal fuzz.

On the flip-side, metalcore and Pantera have shitty tone, anyway, so it should work fine.
O)))))))))))))))))
Quote by Exo M7
Honestly, I hate these forums.

and you're still here... Why? No one's making you stay.

EDIT: Didn't see your last post. Honestly you'll be alot better off saving up for a new amp.

Quote by Sunn_O)))

On the flip-side, metalcore and Pantera have shitty tone, anyway, so it should work fine.

Last edited by consecutive e at Jan 6, 2010,