This is a Gibson lespaul custom thats neck was damaged.
The neck was replaced with a custom made bolt on neck.
Looks just like new exept for the cheesy fake gibson logo he put on it.
I bought it in thoughts i could repair it but ive decided not to finish repair.

The neck has LP custom inlays, fully bound Ebony neck, 22 frets, and a BEAUTIFULL finish that exposes the grain very nicely.

The only problem is it lacks a bridge, nut, and tuning pegs.
The back panel cover has a piece of it missing.
The neck pickup is also has a split lead that can easily be soldered back together.
All together around 4100 of repair.
Cosmetic damage as well. (scratches, dings)
And the bottom strap hold is stripped so youlle have to drill a new one.
I made sure the frets are leel and they are.

This is a great fix up job for anyone who wants a Vintage Les Paul at a reasonable price.

Recomend me an amount of money or things your willing to trade and i will reply with a consideration.
how much are you expecting to get for this?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
no not really rude...just curious.... like.... a couple hundred?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
I'm really curious on how the converted the guitar to a bolt on neck, and if they went through all the trouble, why a new set neck just wasn't put on.

Something seems fishy about those pictures, any Gibson markings on the body anywhere? It looks like a 70's "Lawsuit" Ibanez
Quote by eurotrashed
I'm really curious on how the converted the guitar to a bolt on neck, and if they went through all the trouble, why a new set neck just wasn't put on.

Something seems fishy about those pictures, any Gibson markings on the body anywhere? It looks like a 70's "Lawsuit" Ibanez

Id hao be in contact with the guy who sold it to my dad back in Rockdale and ask him about the credibility of the repairs.
And considering my name isn't Joe Dirt i dont have such tracking capabilitys.
:shrugs:

If the body isnt gibson the maker sure put a lot of effort towards getting every small detail absolutely perfect. Ive unfortunately never seen another 68 in person so i couldnt judge.
Who knows maybe the guy prefered bolt on?
After doing some research, there are no cherry burst Les Paul Customs in 1968. Only black
yes he did, its probably worth $100 or so, i say just keep it and restore it yourself especially if it was your dads, i have a very similar guitar, its great, i prefer it personally to any mid price range LP out there (epi- tokai, gibson studio) just not a gibson les paul custom, some new parts and it will be raring to go
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I guess my dad got jipped

Is anyone interested in this LP Custom Copy?

I thought you said you bought it and decided not to repair it?

The pictures are a little dark too...

Good luck regardless, but as others said its definitely not a Gibson.
I think it could be an early seventies Greco back when the logo looked liked gneco, they looked really close to the real thing but had bolt on necks, later they managed to get all the details right, and in the late 70`s early 80`s Gibson started precedings against them as they looked and felt like the real thing, but people rated them higher as build was similar to gibsons golden age, not the dodge seventies build