Every time i plug it in i hear no sound from the guitar. but right when i stick it in the input i hear a loud screech at first. and i know its not the cord or the guitar
Sounds like either the cord or the guitar to me.

Gear forum can answer better, take it there.
make sure to check the volume knobs on your guitar etc...

also, do you have a pedal wired in between the amp and guitar ?

it might have an effect that the pedal is controlling the volume and not the amp, that has happened to me before.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Take it to a repair shop? Not much else anybody's gonna be able to tell you.
Try turning up the volume and tone knobs
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by St.Loony
We're going to have to put it down

+1 for the reference.

are you going through any pedals? I one plugged my guitar into the output and the amp in the input of a distortion pedal and had a similar sound come out
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I bet you its the damn cord. I had this same problem with my first cord, and i ripped apart my amp to figure out what was broken. Turned out, it was just the damn cord!
the first screech just gets louder when i turn it up, this is my second cord so its good,and i have no pedals. how much are most repairs like this?
Last edited by fatplastic at Oct 19, 2008,
its your guitar, not your amp. it is making a screech because of the electricty in your fingers. Most likely, The ground wire in your guitar is loose. it is the black one. get someone who knows what they are doing to soulder it back to it's connection.