I've just purchased 2 Fender reissue Alnico pups of ebay. One bridge and one neck, they're from the same guitar. I bought the bridge off Ebay but the neck was a private sale (ie. not done through ebay) in the ebay listing for the bridge, it claimed that the pup was rwrp and since the pups are from the same guitar I'm assuming that the neck will be the same polarity as the bridge. I've since done some research on RWRP pups and can't seem to find much about them other than it is usually the midd pup that is RWRP. I'm now looking for a mid pup and doubting whether or not the 2 I already have are really RWRP. Being the bridge and neck pups, are they likely to be RWRP? And, is there anyway to determine RWRP by looking at them, or using some measurement method or something??

Really needing some help so thanks in advance!
Peace
the pickup may have come out of a set of RWRP, although it may be normally wound and normal polarity.
I'm pretty certain that all of the RWRP pickup sets have the middle pickup reverse wound reverse polarity, so that in positions 2 and 4 the pickups act as a humbucker.
Quote by merchant
I've just purchased 2 Fender reissue Alnico pups of ebay. One bridge and one neck, they're from the same guitar. I bought the bridge off Ebay but the neck was a private sale (ie. not done through ebay) in the ebay listing for the bridge, it claimed that the pup was rwrp and since the pups are from the same guitar I'm assuming that the neck will be the same polarity as the bridge. I've since done some research on RWRP pups and can't seem to find much about them other than it is usually the midd pup that is RWRP. I'm now looking for a mid pup and doubting whether or not the 2 I already have are really RWRP. Being the bridge and neck pups, are they likely to be RWRP? And, is there anyway to determine RWRP by looking at them, or using some measurement method or something??

Really needing some help so thanks in advance!
Peace
if the pickups are not installed in a guitar, it's easy!
put the two pickups together, face to face. if the polepieces want to stick together, the magnets are of opposite polarity. if they push away from each other, they're the same.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by guitarcam123
the pickup may have come out of a set of RWRP, although it may be normally wound and normal polarity.
I'm pretty certain that all of the RWRP pickup sets have the middle pickup reverse wound reverse polarity, so that in positions 2 and 4 the pickups act as a humbucker.

This.