So whenever i bring my amp past half volume and palm mute a chord or note the speaker material out side of the cone begins to rapidly flap and i get this terrible farting sound....i have no idea how to solve this problem as i have hooked up a different speaker to it and have had the same issue...if anyone knows for sure what this problem is...or if someone could help me figure it out i would be very greatful.....thank you
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
are you sure you know what a palm mute sounds like?

are you on drugs?

no i dont have anything helpful to add....

edit: *sees sig* perhaps its cuz you use a flextone...
Do NOT look behind you.
Quote by c_man471
are you sure you know what a palm mute sounds like?

are you on drugs?

no i dont have anything helpful to add....

edit: *sees sig* perhaps its cuz you use a flextone...

Um...no im not on drugs i know what a palm mute sounds like...the issue is not the sound of the palm mute but the terrible unnatural sound i get when i do palm mute...and no its not because i use a flextone because the flextones are very nice amplifiers....yes the spiders suck...but you probably have never played a flextone
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Preamp Box
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
sounds like you need a new amp

Why is this always what people go to? I mean really...if your input breaks are you gonna run out and get a new amplifier?...im pretty sure this issue can be solved otherwise...and i mean that with no disrespect...simply pointing out something ive noticed
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Preamp Box
I'm guessing that a) you've got a bad ground in your guitar and/or on your amp; b) you're playing through a compressor or a dist. pedal that effectively compresses the hell out of your signal; and/or c) you're using a ground lift on the amp.

My further guess is that as a consequence of some or all of the above, you're getting a 60-cycle (or 50-cycle, if you live in the EU) hum coming through your amp and speakers. Apart from sounding like shit, it's not especially good for your amp...and if indeed there is a grounding problem, could also be dangerous (risk of shock) if you touch something grounded while playing.
i know what your problem is, and im sure that if you palm-mute the a it will do it even worse. you need to lay off on the bass a little, and if you dont want to do that, you need speakers that are a lot more powerful than your amp head. if your amp head is 100w, your cab should be at least 150w. thats what i think.
Let me further explain.....this problem is not an issue with the guitar because i do not get this issue with other amps...it is not the cable either...and it is not something outside or inside of the cab rattling...it is definately the speaker but i am not sure if the speaker itself is faulty or if it is a component issue....maybe a speaker that can handle a louder volume is the way to go...i was thinking that a while back but i was told it was wrong...and besides shouldnt the amps stock speaker be able to handle this amplifier at high volumes?
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Preamp Box
Quote by shift307
i know what your problem is, and im sure that if you palm-mute the a it will do it even worse. you need to lay off on the bass a little, and if you dont want to do that, you need speakers that are a lot more powerful than your amp head. if your amp head is 100w, your cab should be at least 150w. thats what i think.

Yes when i palm mute an A note on the lowest string the issue is worse...im think you might have hit the head...can you please explain?..
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Preamp Box