Get a delay with tap tempo.

Problem solved.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
so is this more of a studio delay? do people not use delays like this live?

what'd be a good Boss delay with tap then?
My username is old, don't judge me (but old 311 is good)
The DD-7 has tap tempo, although it might not have the sound you're looking for that you found in the Memory Man.

Check some clips and decide for yourself.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
That's the downfall of analog delay, no tap tempo.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Memory Man doesn't have tap because it's an analog delay. All the super expensive delays are analog. You'll have to use a digital delay if you want to be able to tap in your tempos. If you're not worried about price, look into a DD-20 or the SL-20 (I'm pretty sure SL-20 can do regular delay effects). Slightly cheaper, the DD-7 and the DD-5 require an external switch for tapping. The DD-6 and the Hardwire Delay both have tap functionality built in.
Quote by FlyingBeerman
Memory Man doesn't have tap because it's an analog delay. All the super expensive delays are analog. You'll have to use a digital delay if you want to be able to tap in your tempos. If you're not worried about price, look into a DD-20 or the SL-20 (I'm pretty sure SL-20 can do regular delay effects). Slightly cheaper, the DD-7 and the DD-5 require an external switch for tapping. The DD-6 and the Hardwire Delay both have tap functionality built in.

correction: the dd-7 has it built in, you just have to step and hold it for 2 seconds
the external switch is a bonus not a burden
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
just bend down between songs, strum a chord, and get the right delay. its not that big a hassle
so you're saying all the big names in rock only use digital delays? it's not possible to use analog with multiple songs?
^No, they probably just have more than one, or make marks on the pedal for settings, or just don't change the settings or aren't specific. I know for a fact that santana uses a trex.
Quote by s.r.v.
just bend down between songs, strum a chord, and get the right delay. its not that big a hassle

it can be really sensitive though...so i guess delay doesn't have to be perfect, right on the money to sound good then?
^I don't think it does. If you're rocking a lot of repeats it's definitely a plus.
EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai will solve your problems. It's amazing.
so I hear Kevin's opinion...what do the rest of you think? I really don't feel like going out and buying a new delay pedal...so, does it really matter if your delay is off a bit? or does it sound like ****/looked down upon?
Make sure your band plays at the right tempo
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Make sure your band plays at the right tempo

haha right...
it depends. if your just doing nice delays on your leads, it doesnt matter if its in time, if its supposed to sound like 16th notes or something, than it will need to be in time.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
i have a line 6 echo park, and used it for the first time the othe rnight live, and sounded awesome...durability has come into question with these (and u need a power adapter) but i got it used or 60 and for now it sounds good and the tap tempo is a nice feature, although hard to use if ur used to tapping hard (i always seem to turn the damn thing on)
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by Three11Rules
so I hear Kevin's opinion...what do the rest of you think? I really don't feel like going out and buying a new delay pedal...so, does it really matter if your delay is off a bit? or does it sound like ****/looked down upon?

Who cares what's "looked down upon"? What matters is how it sounds to you. If you think it sounds good, it sounds good, yah?

I've been playing professionally for 20 plus years, and I use an old Korg SDD1000 rackmount on probably half the songs in my set. Over the course of time I've gotten to know it well enough that I can pretty much change the settings to what I want in mid-song without looking. But I've also found that exact tempos not only aren't exactly critical most of the time, but having the tempo somewhat "off" makes the sound more multidimensional and interesting. Listeners aren't sitting there counting BPMs...they're just checking out the overall sound, and if you're playing something interesting they'll probably be into it.